Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Cheese on Toast?

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

steven

Player Valuation: £35m
With 2021 drawing its final breath and Everton having already played their last game of the year - a morale boosting point v Chelsea - albeit one that feels a lifetime ago…

Been a rubbish old year really but what were your Everton highlights?

. Finally getting an away Derby win ?
. Getting our second consecutive champions league winning manager in charge?
. Beating Burnley…?
. Grey thunderbolt v Arsenal
. Brands leaving…?

Slim pickings so has to be the Derby victory for me.

Yes it was behind closed doors, yes Liverpool were poor - but we don’t do easy victories like that at the best of times usually - god knows when we might win there again.

Honourable mentions for Anthony Gordon progressing and Branthwaite putting in a stellar performance in our last match of the year. Be good to see them two develop in the new year.

Main hope for 2022 is finally get rid of some of the dross coming to end of their contracts. Goodbye Delph, Tosun, Sigurdsson - you won’t be missed.

I would have said a trophy…but that’s but a pipe dream.

The Anfield win seems years ago btw.

And deep down we all know it was a bit jarg without the crowd.
It does seem like a lifetime ago - if you’d told me after that win that before they year was out James and Ancelotti would have been replaced by Rondon and Benitez , with our record signing who scored that day being unavailable all season for *undisclosed reasons* then even as a long suffering Everton fan id have though that was a bridge too far…

Liverpool failing for the 31st time in 32 years to win the title

Brands being punted (a special mention in dispatches to Mr Shouty of the Main Stand)

Everton players being put in their place by a strong manager who wont take their nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.