2019/20 - Minimum Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you can really ask for is progression. Improvements in recruitment, coaching, the off field marketing and administration of the club. Obviously it would be great if that translated into league position but I don't think that's the be all and end all. If the squad is improved, the style of play refined, the capacity of the club to compete across multiple competitions improved and there's some relation between the wage bill and the end of season position, then there's other barometers of success than simply breaking the top 6.

Who said anything about being happy we aint winning much these last decades? If you cant enjoy watching Everton unless we win the league or a cup as a minimum, blimey.

We have been in a mess. Some see baby steps to a brighter future, so I my minimum requirement is they are continued. If that leads to a pot, sound as.
Glad you are not happy we havent won much....I mean anything....for a while...who said they arnt enjoying watching Everton?....Baby steps? Really...thats the one thing we do not need....Giant steps required...

Glad you are not happy we havent won much....I mean anything....for a while...who said they arnt enjoying watching Everton?....Baby steps? Really...thats the one thing we do not need....Giant steps required...

Ok genius. Where are giant steps coming from?

Its easy to swipe from a keyboard and demand this that and everything. The reality is we need steady progression. Improved squad, every year. Improved results, every year, improved income, every year. Baby steps.

As a MINIMUM requirement.

Interesting one isn't it?

According to Moshiri in January, 11th isn't good enough;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/08/everton-farhad-moshiri-marco-silva

Since then, Millwall dumped us out the FA Cup and we've climbed to 8th - 4 points above 11th.

Small margins I guess...

Wolves, Watford and Leicester have had decent runs, keeping the fight for 7,8,9,10 positions. Man U had that run which made them pull away from us too.
I think our run and a number of one-off achievements have been good though.
Clean Sheets, wins against Man U Arsenal and Chelsea, better performances. That should be enough to show progress?

Minimum requirement is that we are within 10 points from top 4 positions, and 10 points ahead of 8th place. I.e. Comfortably in the top 7 Considering Wolves and Leicester are likely to invest I think that will be good to pull away from them.

For me that means 65 points should be a minimum target and
QF of both cups
At least 15 clean sheets in the season (We've had 14 this year)
4 wins and 4 draws out of 12 matches against top 6 sides.

I think that is really good progress and if we achieve that, then who knows? Chelsea will be rebuilding again probably (Or can't buy anyone) and Man U are still a work in progress. Arsenal may also have another transition year but are beatable still.

Got to continue with the effort being shown in the pitch of late and that has to be the standard. Clear the decks of those that need to go, get 2 strikers in along with Gomez and zouma, keeping Gueye is a must for me, if he goes the whole balance I think goes.

Push for 5th/6th, make goodison a fortress again and winning a cup would be brilliant.

“Cup run”

Love how we’ve turned into some lower league side. Yet there’s people defend Kenwright in another thread. The irony is lost

Ok genius. Where are giant steps coming from?

Its easy to swipe from a keyboard and demand this that and everything. The reality is we need steady progression. Improved squad, every year. Improved results, every year, improved income, every year. Baby steps.

As a MINIMUM requirement.

People are really undervaluing the building process. Just demanding that we suddenly become part of the elite. Of course we'd all love it, but that simply does not happen.
The last 2 permanent managers we've had have had horrendous second seasons they couldn't recover from. If Silva and Brands can show a clear, long-term plan with noticeable and consistant improvements, that for me is the very definition of minimum requirements.

People are really undervaluing the building process. Just demanding that we suddenly become part of the elite. Of course we'd all love it, but that simply does not happen.
The last 2 permanent managers we've had have had horrendous second seasons they couldn't recover from. If Silva and Brands can show a clear, long-term plan with noticeable and consistant improvements, that for me is the very definition of minimum requirements.

I’m sorry but demanding all eggs go in to a cup run is not joining the elite. It’s prioritising a trophy, something which is foundation of football

Slowly building is back to the days of moyes. Because the really good players won’t last 2 years before they’re off, then you have to rinse and repeat and you’ll never catch the elite. They’ll just buy the best

60 points is the minimum requirement for me coupled with no major dips in form (by that I mean a run like we had around christmas). If that gets us 5th or 6th great, if it's 7th that's fine too. We can't control what other teams do, but 60 points is the minimum for me next season. If we can pick up more great but <60 = failure.

Win the league Cup, the FA cup, the PL, the Europa league, champions league, the superbowl, at least 2 golf majors, a tennis grand slam, the 6 nations, the Stanley cup, MLB world series, the Monica grand prix, the Indi 500, the grand national and the annual hot dog eating competition in Coney Island. AS A MINIMUM anything less is a failure of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.