2019/20 - Minimum Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 3rd in the form table for the last 10 games, at 2 points a game. That should be our benchmark for next season, and see where it takes us. A cup would be nice but not at the expense of contending at the business end of the division. We need to start living up to our motto. Our recruitment under Brands is key.

I agree with a few previouses posts.

A good run in the cups, a win against the RS, and as for the league, I honestly think we will improve on this seasons position.

I've also enjoyed some of our football in the latter stages of this season, so grounds for optimism.

I know we can't demand to win everything, and that a sense of entitlement is not a desirable trait, but you will never see or hear the bigger clubs talking about 'good cup runs'. They aim to win them, and they don't consider being knocked out in a semi-final to be any kind of achievement.

If you are going to talk about differences in attitude, expectation and mentality, I think this 'good cup run' cliche encapsulates it very well.

Depends entirely on what kinda squad we have come August. Say it was this current squad? 7th and a cup run.

Probably this ^

Unfortunately most teams in the league now need rebuilding especially the ones we would hope to challenge. On top of this both Barca and Real are going to be overhauled.

Brands would need to be targeting some really off the radar players for us to compete in the market and I think keeping hold of Gomes and Zouma is unlikely (but fingers and toes crossed).

So 7th pushing 6th depending on what Brands can do.

I know we can't demand to win everything, and that a sense of entitlement is not a desirable trait, but you will never see or hear the bigger clubs talking about 'good cup runs'. They aim to win them, and they don't consider being knocked out in a semi-final to be any kind of achievement.

If you are going to talk about differences in attitude, expectation and mentality, I think this 'good cup run' cliche encapsulates it very well.
The bigger clubs don't talk about "good cup runs" b/c they are already in the Top Six, and have been for a while consistently

Walk before we run, like. We have to first be part of the conversation consistently before we can start demanding cups as a minimum.

So seeing improvement, both in points and on the quality of play displayed on the pitch, is paramount. And long term more important than anything else b/c it means the long term viability of our stay at the upper end of the table.

A trophy. There is no reason why we shouldn't give it absolutely everything in both domestic cups. We're not in Europe and we're not going to get relegated.

All depends on our transfer business surely, im happy with steady improvement, closing the gap or even making top six, and then doing the same to the champions league the next year

True, in years gone by I/we used to start off the season thinking we'd win the fa cup and we'd believe it. A cup run wasn't 'a thing'. But the fa cup lost its appeal somewhere along the way......probably when sky turned up and it was more profitable to gain a place or two in league position than get injuries in a cup match.

More teams now have larger and better squads rather than just the sky 6 so I expect the cups to be shared around a bit more in the future (well I hope) and if we can get the quality players in then maybe we can actually win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.