2019/20 - Minimum Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit early for a spicy thread like this, Honestly I don't know I just want us to build something whether it takes 2 years or maybe 4 years.
I would hope for making 7th ours considering we are shy of it by 4 points despite what most of us would consider an average season but I wouldn't sack him or want rid if he didn't reach 7th.
It's a sticky one.

Some of the posts in this thread are wildly optimistic considering it’s to discuss minimum requirements.

Minimum requirement for me would be 7th/8th and good cup runs. Anyone expecting (the key word here) us to break in the top 6 is daft.

Our form the last month or so consistently over the season coupled with the terrible form of Man U and Arsenal may have seen us break the top 6 this season. If we continue our form into next season, then "daft" isn't so daft after all. Next season, I will dare to dream!

Interesting one isn't it?

According to Moshiri in January, 11th isn't good enough;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/08/everton-farhad-moshiri-marco-silva

Since then, Millwall dumped us out the FA Cup and we've climbed to 8th - 4 points above 11th.

Small margins I guess...

It isn’t just climbing 3 places though is it?
Completely turning around what was becoming a serial inability to beat the better teams and making Goodison a fortress again... all while playing good football.

Lots of positives to take into next season, that said it’s hard to say what the minimum is other than obviously 7th. I just desperately wanna see us win a trophy.

ATM our football is getting better with a winning mentality, but we will lose at least three vital players imo Gomez, Zooma, and Gana, our aim should be the top four.......

Miles away from top six, never mind top five ffs.

Just improve on the points total and try to win a cup.

....on the field - performance progression via squad improvement. Performance needs to be more consistent, manifesting itself in more points, a higher league league position and going further in cup competitions.

Off the field - tangible and visible progression on the BMD build.

we really should be challenging arsenal and united for 5th spot, they have some good players obviously but are overall poor teams relatively speaking.
winning one of the cups would be nice too

All eggs in the basket for the League Cup and FA Cup

The club need to deliver a trophy, not concentrate on bridging the gap to the CL. I want to go back to the days of lining the roads and seeing the open top bus of our players

Minimum 7th and a good cup run (i.e. improvement).

Hopefully in the mix for top 6

Ideally get into Europe and win a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.