2019/20 - Minimum Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Following on from a chat with @GrandOldTeam and the other staff.

In your opinion, what’s the minimum required for us next season? I would argue 5th.

6th & 7th not good enough due to the sheer stupidity of a season beginning June/July with trips to Eastern Europe.

Is a cup the best way to get European football? If so, I don’t watch that at the expense of league position. I’d then expect a cup AND a decent placing.

I think it's hard to declare what a minimum expectation would be in the League at this stage because we don't know how the League is going to look when this season hasn't even ended yet

So my current expectation would be to sign the players we need to sign, move on the players we don't, have a well organised pre-season and then take the momentum from the end of this season into the next, with an eye to further targets regards League finish once we know the lay of the land

As for the Cups;

One thing I will say is that I want us to play the first team in the League Cup next season in every single round. We should be targeting to win one of the two Cups, and that one should be the easiest if we attack it the right way

Depends massively on the summer and if we get it right like we did last summer.

Sign Gomes and Zouma permanently, add 3-4 more very good players, keep Gana, and ship a lot of our deadwood out, and then I'd say the minimum expectation is 6th, I'd expect us to pick off one of the so called 'big boys'. That's a best case scenario summer though, and in reality things will probably go a lot differently, Gana leaves and Zouma doesn't sign being one likely combo. Then 7th is far more realistic.

Minimum is now a cup.

Depends how we are going to spend? Are we really ambitious or are we going to do that thing we do where we pretend to be without ever doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.