2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players miss chances every game but keepers dont often (or shouldnt be expected to) pull off worldie saves every week.

Fact is with DCL in the side we are aiming tight wins at present which puts us under massive pressure if the opposition scores just the one.

Kean has had 3-4 weeks with the squad and 2 sub appearances off the bench - its criminal not to be starting him Friday.

If he doesnt and we end up drawing losing 1-0/2-1/0-0/1-1 with a limp attack with Bambi running around looking busy as per its all on Silva.

Keepers shouldn’t be expected to pull off saves? None of his saves were “worldies” either.

Don’t care if we draw City away in the next round. It’s quite simply a disgrace if he doesn’t deliver us a cup run! It’s the least we deserve for being so patient and forgiving towards him!!

We need to win The Milk Cup this season

The only way he'll get slack for not winning it is if we go down to a demonstrably better side like City or Liverpool but play well in the process

Outside of that scenario, anything but winning the Cup will be a big thumbs down for him IMO

We need to win The Milk Cup this season

The only way he'll get slack for not winning it is if we go down to a demonstrably better side like City or Liverpool but play well in the process

Outside of that scenario, anything but winning the Cup will be a big thumbs down for him IMO

I just think it's a bit unfair that other managers never had this pressure placed upon them at the time they managed us. Sure, we can all look back on Moyes and Martinez and say with hindsight that they were failures for not winning trophies, but at the time we didn't expect that from them. They never had teams as good as these City or Liverpool sides to contend with either.

If we go out to lower league sides consistently, then of course that is unacceptable.

I just think it's a bit unfair that other managers never had this pressure placed upon them at the time they managed us. Sure, we can all look back on Moyes and Martinez and say with hindsight that they were failures for not winning trophies, but at the time we didn't expect that from them. They never had teams as good as these City or Liverpool sides to contend with either.

If we go out to lower league sides consistently, then of course that is unacceptable.

Hence why he'll get slack if City beat us but we give it our all in a good effort

There are teams out there who are just better than us, and losing to them is no shame so long as we attack the game the right way

If we get to the Semi-Finals and City put us out over two legs again like they did with Martinez after us doing our best, then only the worst of our fan base will have a go at Silva

However, if we choke at Lincoln then he deserves all the criticism he'll receive, because that just isn't good enough

A lot of truth in your post Blue Roo, and while I agree it’s too easy to criticise it’s also too easy to rest assured that Silva is on the right tracks. I’m happy with the four points but very conscious of who they were earned against, also doubt the two centre backs ability against the top clubs, hope I’m wrong but the lack of pace there worries me.
It's the same two that played in the away games against Chelsea and Liverpool last season and did very well. You could hardly blame either of them for the last gasp goal against Liverpool.

I actually feel more secure with them playing against the top teams as we tend to defend a little bit deeper and play on the break. I'd be a touch more concerned when we play a higher line as they're both big lads and whilst neither are particularly slow I think they'd both struggle against real pace where there is space to run in behind.

It's the same two that played in the away games against Chelsea and Liverpool last season and did very well. You could hardly blame either of them for the last gasp goal against Liverpool.

I actually feel more secure with them playing against the top teams as we tend to defend a little bit deeper and play on the break. I'd be a touch more concerned when we play a higher line as they're both big lads and whilst neither are particularly slow I think they'd both struggle against real pace where there is space to run in behind.
I think they are both slow, especially on the turn,on Saturday Delefou left Keane for dead,by the time he had turned round the attack had ended and Pickford was kicking the ball downthe field.

Players miss chances every game but keepers dont often (or shouldnt be expected to) pull off worldie saves every week.

Fact is with DCL in the side we are aiming tight wins at present which puts us under massive pressure if the opposition scores just the one.

Kean has had 3-4 weeks with the squad and 2 sub appearances off the bench - its criminal not to be starting him Friday.

If he doesnt and we end up drawing losing 1-0/2-1/0-0/1-1 with a limp attack with Bambi running around looking busy as per its all on Silva.

Criminallol

The lad’s 19, moved here from Italy about a month ago and like any player from abroad will need time to bed in.

Criminallol

The lad’s 19, moved here from Italy about a month ago and like any player from abroad will need time to bed in.

I seriously cant see us starting kean till after Christmas … you don't just chuck a 19 year old lad in, and expect him to get the majority of goals for the team.. too much , too soon, would ruin him..

this is where I think weve made a massive mistake not getting another , proven striker in.

between DCL and Kean I think we can expect 15 goals .. which would be ok, IF we had another striker getting another 20

Criminallol

Must be boss being a footballer - get paid millions to play 90 minutes of footie a week with you not expected to do a bit of graft a month into your new job.

Imagine a brickie going abroad to work and being told 'dont bother turning up monday mate your still settling in to Benidorm life'.

Not for me - done more in 20 minutes than DCL has done in both games combined.

Give him the first half / 60 minutes and lets see what he can do.

I seriously cant see us starting kean till after Christmas … you don't just chuck a 19 year old lad in, and expect him to get the majority of goals for the team.. too much , too soon, would ruin him..

this is where I think weve made a massive mistake not getting another , proven striker in.

between DCL and Kean I think we can expect 15 goals .. which would be ok, IF we had another striker getting another 20

Wow that is a serious load of tripe you've just typed there, from front to back.

Wow that is a serious load of tripe you've just typed there, from front to back.

lets see how it pans out then...

how do you see it going??

how many goals are kean and DCL going to get between them this season , seeing as they will be our main two strikers ??

Status
Not open for further replies.