[2019/20] Formations

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Penny Blue

Player Valuation: £8m
With the new signings that have come in and player versatility being a highlight of the summer transfer window the question has to be asked what the plan will be on game day for the season. Silva has already stated that he prefers the 4-3-3 with a 1-2 in the mid but with Sigurdsson being a mainstay in the first team and Gana being played more effectively in a double pivot Silva resorted to his less preferred 4-3-3 with a 2-1 in the mid (or 4-2-3-1).

With JPG, Schniederlin, Gomes, Delph, Davies, and Sigurdsson making up our midfield selection this year, it seems we have a much larger selection of defensive and box-to-box mids compared to attacking mids. Could this mean we are moving away from the 4-2-3-1 and Gylfi as a second striker? Will Davies be providing competition by moving away from the box-to-box role and into an attacking mid role? Will someone else provide competition for Gylfi from other positions (Bernard/Iwobi)? Or is Silva that committed to Gylfi that he feels he doesn't need competition for his position?

If we play 4-3-3 I think it needs to be Gbamin, Gomes and Delph as the 3. This leaves a conundrum as Sigurdsson isn't a wide player but I don't think he can play further back either. He is club record signing and contributed a lot of goals from the number 10 position.

I think we need to start the season 4-2-3-1 with the players we have and only change if its not working. At the minute it would be Delph and Iwobi who miss out on the starting 11 but form and fitness should create opportunities.

Erm we have Kean and Richarlison if you've maybe forgotten?
But you are not playing Siggy to feed them and if you would choose Kean / Ricarlison to start next season ahead of Playing PEA /Lacazette then crikey
Kean /Ricarlison has more potential but as starters Arsenal’s 2 are well ahead at this point in time

Status
Not open for further replies.