2017/18 Season Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerover

Player Valuation: £50m
Maybe someone will turn this into a poll but I think it would be interesting to gauge what GOTers think we might achieve next season.

For me, I hope for

-Top 6 but really want CL qualification
-Semi finals minimum in EL
-A proper FA Cup run with a day out in May

I sense a very positive vibe around the club regardless of certain individuals who seem to want out.

I am feeling positive that this squad can achieve a lot this season.

Then again I always see the glass half full.....

City will walk the league.

We will finish 6th.

Hopefully Newcastle get relagated.

5th in the league
FA cup win (Finally)
EL Knocked out QF (by a CL dropout)
Pickford golden glove
Ramirez YPOTY

Maybe someone will turn this into a poll but I think it would be interesting to gauge what GOTers think we might achieve next season.

For me, I hope for

-Top 6 but really want CL qualification
-Semi finals minimum in EL
-A proper FA Cup run with a day out in May

I sense a very positive vibe around the club regardless of certain individuals who seem to want out.

I am feeling positive that this squad can achieve a lot this season.

Then again I always see the glass half full.....

Wait and see what every one else does before we start predicting title wins etc.
Great to see us getting business done early but the other teams above us are going to strengthen, wether they do this well or not is anyones guess.
E.g After Pogba signing for Utd end of last summer everyone was saying they were going to win the league, they finished 6th.

Improve our away results.

Improved performances against the top 6, especially Liverpool.

Reach the semi finals of at least one of the cup competitions we're involved in.

Finish no lower than 7th, ideally try and displace one of the current top 6.

It's a project.

And whilst I'm in no way agreeing with the Kopites, I'm expecting us to bridge the gap to the sides who finished above us
I'd suspect that they've all shown frailty this off season; (Chelsea.. costa disarray, the supposed Conte unhappiness; Arsenal.. Sanchez seemingly unsettled.. Liverpool.. can they produce same product now their in CL?; United.. will they gel again?), I suppose we'd have to produce magnificently and they slip up, it's our way in.

So overall realistically, a form of trophy, and a good Euro run would be fantastic, and consolidate our position in the league, if not improve would be a reasonable non-bias season outcome for me.

Oh......l know! Let's just aim to win everything and see where it takes us. We may be stretching ourselves a bit thin granted but we should just try to win every game in every competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.