2017/18 Europa League group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baines is boss

Player Valuation: £100k
Looking back at our Europa League campaign back in 2017/18 really does show what could have been *if* we got our recruitment right.

82291ADD-07C0-49EA-9978-CCA681E56F7B.png

Both Atalanta and Lyon are now in the CL quarter-finals. We’re finishing bottom half of the table, yet spent ridiculous money since then.

If only someone had a time-machine with all the answers to who we should’ve signed etc.

So I put it to you GOT. Who should we have signed? Who would’ve taken us on the upwards trajectory that our two Europa League rivals have taken?

Looking back at our Europa League campaign back in 2017/18 really does show what could have been *if* we got our recruitment right.

View attachment 97239

Both Atalanta and Lyon are now in the CL quarter-finals. We’re finishing bottom half of the table, yet spent ridiculous money since then.

If only someone had a time-machine with all the answers to who we should’ve signed etc.

So I put it to you GOT. Who should we have signed? Who would’ve taken us on the upwards trajectory that our two Europa League rivals have taken?
Putting everything else aside, that is a ROUGH group to pull in the Europa.

For comparison, this was Liverpool’s CL group that same season:

D25AA724-E7BE-4AE7-9182-F246C3614A02.jpeg

I looked at this thread title and genuinely thought "can't be us, we didn't make europr this year. Has something happened?"

Didn't even realise the year wasn't right.

Sake.

Did Koeman not even bother going to one of the matches? I know Unsworth brought a ton of his kids to one and I think they actually won but was Koeman sacked by then?

Did Koeman not even bother going to one of the matches? I know Unsworth brought a ton of his kids to one and I think they actually won but was Koeman sacked by then?
Was Allardyce and Shakespear took charge of the match, away to Limossol

So Koeman was sacked by then?

I don't care what anyone says about Fat Sam or Moyes, Koeman was just the manager I detest the most. Basically epitomized the mentality of the players we are stuck with; just could not give one crap about the club in the slightest.
This is true this, vile man, he has killed us, thought he was too good for Everton, its what i admire most abot Carlo, coming here for a manager like him is class, hate everything about Koeman

Worse than Atalanta and Lyon then, and worse than both now. What will we be like in another 2 years? A lot of our worse players should be gone by then, but can we keep the best we have and add good players to them? Unfortunately neither of these thing seems certain, that’s the only way we are going to stop being so average. Sort it Carlo, things could look a lot better in 2 years

Sadly we weren't even close to those teams anyway, it would be a valid point if we finished above them, but they did both spank us.

Status
Not open for further replies.