2009 FA Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have won the 2008 UEFA Cup but for Moyes being a coward.

We should have got to the final and probably won the 2008 League Cup. How the hell we didn’t beat, or at least draw, with 10 man Chelsea is beyond me.

We definitely should have got to the final of the 2013 FA Cup and we had a really good record against Man City in them days so may have won.

Moyes had his chances and completely blew them because he was terrified of losing. A more adventurous manager would’ve seen us win a Cup or two.

We coped with the Yakubu and Arteta injuries for a long period before the final.

The Jagielka injury really rocked us. Think it was the week after the semi final when we lost to Man City at home.

We coped yeah, but imagine how different it might have been with all 3 on the pitch.

Pah, 11 years ago and that's the closest we have been to a trophy since 95.

And people still have the gall to still call us a big club.

EVERTON, EVERTON, EVERTON

We coped yeah, but imagine how different it might have been with all 3 on the pitch.

Pah, 11 years ago and that's the closest we have been to a trophy since 95.

And people still have the gall to still call us a big club.

EVERTON, EVERTON, EVERTON
Still think Moyes would’ve found a way to lose, it’s what he did best when it came to games that mattered.

Think Anichibe was also out with a long term injury. May have got injured in the same match as Arteta at Newcastle away.

Hibbert at right back in that final still gives me nightmares.

Still think Moyes would’ve found a way to lose, it’s what he did best when it came to games that mattered.

Think Anichibe was also out with a long term injury. May have got injured in the same match as Arteta at Newcastle away.

It was a very, very good Chelsea side we faced as well that day.

Tony Hibbert fell to bits on the day we needed him to just be Tony Hibbert. He's still trying to unwind himself.

Ffs Tone
Absolute horror show that day. I think he picked up a booking after about 7 minutes and Malouda showed him no mercy.

What a sickener that day was. The Chelsea fans didn’t even care that they’d won it either. They were at the train stations quicker than we were.

It was a very, very good Chelsea side we faced as well that day.
Chelsea always used to seem indestructible in them days. They were such a hard team to beat. Our record against them picked up massively after that final. Must not be much in it in terms of wins over the past 10 years.

Anichebe had his leg done in by Kevin ‘he’s not that type of player’ Nolan.

We should have won the 2008 UEFA Cup but for Moyes being a coward.

My vibe from the 08 defeat was that even before the match the players seemed cocky in the 1st leg. Just went through motions, dunno if that's on the players or the manager. Prob should have won the 2nd leg 4-1, but their keeper was tremendous.

2009, we were running on fumes by the Utd semi and probably should have lost. Chelsea was just top to bottom better than us. FFS they had a front 5 of Essien, Lampard, Anelka, Drogba and Malouda.

Status
Not open for further replies.