20/21 season ticket renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.

everton1953

Player Valuation: £40m
There may be an earlier thread on this somewhere, but I cannot see it. I rang the club 23rd June and they did not know what the new deadline date for renewal of season tickets would be. I looked on the website today, and there it is 30th July. I guess that is in anticipation of a 20/21 season starting late, maybe September. The great big doubt is how many fans they will allow in, (if any at all) and if a reduced number are allowed in, how will they allocate the seats to existing season ticket holders, by lottery? I know it is up to individuals to decide if they want to go at all should they be in the very vulnerable group. What does anyone know, or think about the likely situation we will be facing?

There may be an earlier thread on this somewhere, but I cannot see it. I rang the club 23rd June and they did not know what the new deadline date for renewal of season tickets would be. I looked on the website today, and there it is 30th July. I guess that is in anticipation of a 20/21 season starting late, maybe September. The great big doubt is how many fans they will allow in, (if any at all) and if a reduced number are allowed in, how will they allocate the seats to existing season ticket holders, by lottery? I know it is up to individuals to decide if they want to go at all should they be in the very vulnerable group. What does anyone know, or think about the likely situation we will be facing?
I'd be surprised if fans were allowed in before the new year.

Just phoned up the club and was told that there is no definite date for renewal, as they are still awaiting information from the FA and Prem Leauge regarding the start date of next season...perhaps the date quoted above is a guesstimate, while they are hoping that the situation may be resolved before that.
And that's before the question of whether fans will be allowed in, either on a restricted basis which I think would cause problems in selecting which fans are allowed in, or returning to "normal".
Obviously the "government" will have an input to these discussions, but imo, their track record in dealing with issues relating to the pandemic does not fill me with confidence.
I think it is quite possible that we will not see fans back before the new year, but I am as much in the dark as anyone. There is no clear direction or guidance at the moment...perhaps this will change, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Corporate boxes will be first to be allowed back, easier to social distance with family for example in a box. Be amazed if prices don't go up if there is to be no gen admission available next season.

I can see it being season ticket holders only, I dunno, but I cant see it until next year

That's at least 8 in every 10 seats. Though that could come down a bit if no away allocation.

From a few years back, and I think our capacity might have fallen a tad since and a few more season ticket holders?

Status
Not open for further replies.