Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH72

Player Valuation: £100m
Yeah, THAT year. Thankfully I was only 6 years old so too young to remember what was going on. Just been watching it back on Sky Sports' Premier League Years and felt like I was re-living the drama myself. Can anyone put into words how they felt during the last few weeks of that season? Looking at the table going into the last game and realising our fate was out of our own hands? What was the overriding emotion at the final whistle, euphoria or just pure relief? Scary stuff, when you think about how close we ran it

Yeah, 98 was worse than 94 in some ways I think

In 94 you at least have the gallant fight back and 3-2 win

98 was desperately clinging to a 1-1 and surviving by the very last of the skin on our teeth

Which was the one where some Kopites sent a coffin to Goodison?

Yeah great - thanks for that. Lived through it once, watching that $hat myself all over again.

Even closer scrape when you remember Chelsea - pre-sugar-russia-daddy had the same sort of ordinary budget as most teams then and couldn't be relied upon to roll over the likes of Bolton.

Can't really remeber it TBH after 94 I dedicated my life to a life of solitude with no radio and TV for at least 10yrs in the hope that I'd one day wake up and it was all a bad nightmare. FFS hated those times

Absolute nightmare back then ,most of it a blur thank god .I remember when the final whistle went the back row of seats in the upper St end broke cause everyone standing on them jumping up and down. Also the one and only time I've ever ran onto the hallowed turf.Good day but fxxx me what a bad season.

Everyone has their " I was there comments" when great things get mentioned. I can't ever claim those but I was there for this one. Bedlam doesn't even come close. Glad I was on a student ticket back then, would worry for my sanity paying full price to watch that season.

I went to every game home and away that season, talk about a glutton for punishment. It was a miracle we stayed up with the likes of Mitch Ward and tony Thomas in the team.

When Cadamarteri scored that goal against Liverpool, i thought that would spring him onto the next level and that we had stumbled upon a gem. Ended up being one of many 'gems' that completely failed.

Those last 6 games were horrendous; especially that 4 nil thrashing at Highbury. Didn't go to work on the Monday and rest of the work week as auto pilot. Grim Grim times

Goodness me.

Status
Not open for further replies.