14 Years ago today.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
1619379502419.png

RIP Bally. Thanks for the memories.

....I loved the Fella. I remember when we bought him, I remember his Dad letting me touch his winners medal the night we beat West Brom to win the title & I remember my Mum waking me up with the full back page headline of a newspaper: ‘Everton sell Ball’.

I also remember the moment I heard of his passing: very early that morning driving on M62 to a meeting in Leeds on the hill that goes down to Brighouse. You remember where you were for key moments in your life.

The best player I ever saw playing for Everton.

....I loved the Fella. I remember when we bought him, I remember his Dad letting me touch his winners medal the night we beat West Brom to win the title & I remember my Mum waking me up with the full back page headline of a newspaper: ‘Everton sell Ball’.

I also remember the moment I heard of his passing: very early that morning driving on M62 to a meeting in Leeds on the hill that goes down to Brighouse. You remember moments when you’re shocked.

I'll second that, he had the lot, skill, heart, bravery, he a was a great finisher and has an incredible will to win.

He never gave us less than 100%.

I also remember the moment I heard of his passing: very early that morning driving on M62 to a meeting in Leeds on the hill that goes down to Brighouse. You remember where you were for key moments in your life.

Some praise that, as you've seen all the great post war players.

I asked my dad about him, and unpoetically he said he was "a little ginger b******* who would just never accept getting beat".

That Holy Trinity side had to be seen to be believed, drove on by Bally - he was a 110 % player & lifted the team , ,but at the same time never a captqin as his standards he set were too high ...... that I think was the Catts mistake with him temporary yes as a captain permantly - No should have been handed back to Labby imo...

Even Geoff Hurst hat trick in the 1966 cup final - somehow imo many teams bust a gut to get him - why because imo he was the MOTM in that game - Mr perpetual motion ....

How lucky Blues Fans were when the Catt swooped to pull the stops out to sign him - the team was built around him alone - a thorn in the side of LFC .....

When you went to a game it was how many we would win by, who's the greatest of them all little curly Alan Ball....
We went to many away games just to see the trinity side - the football was telepathic with Bally pulling the strings - he could receive it & dish it out a hard player - The best box to box midfield player ever to play in the Royal Blue shirt .....

It is said if we got beat he would cry in the dressing room - sold far too early 6 months earlier -The Catt stated only offers of over I/2 a million he may consider, yet he sold him for £210,000 ?

The rumours have always gone on why would you sell a world-class player ? & break a championship team up?

I am glad to have had the pleasure of seeing that pure football Everton team v many great sides in that league at that time - Bally was a true Legend - just like the other two that made up that Holy Trinity Midfield ......

He just dominated most games ........

Status
Not open for further replies.