12Hr Snap Poll - Allardyce and Everton

In relation to all aspects of our current position should Everton

• Sack Allardyce and his entourage plus Steve Walsh immediately irrespective of cost or consequence

Votes: 160 60.4%
  • Endure the neccessary Evil in the hope we remain in the Premiership

Votes: 87 32.8%
  • Take cheese on toast off all menus until we win against a top 6 Team home and away

Votes: 18 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

evertony

Player Valuation: £40m
I know there’s other threads on our abomination of a season, our individual players, the Manager and the Board and I don’t want to cause duplication. However, having watched us since the early 70’s and been an STH for around 40 seasons I can honestly say I haven’t been so disillusioned with Everton as I am this weekend, and that takes some doing having watched what we have over the years.

Why, as a major Club ( I still firmly believe we are one) can we a) not stabilise under a new owner, b) make positive steps forward with the level of investment recently injected (however it’s generated and whatever other clubs have spent its still hugely more than anything previously at Everton) and c) demonstrate some calculable level of overall improvement? That’s what frustrates people....we know we aren’t going to win the League but a Club such as Everton should be able to deliver entertaining football and seriously challenge for the other available silverware. We are so predictable, so fragile and unfathomably mediocre in every facet bar supporter loyalty and community involvement (it embarrasses me beyond belief that our shambolic football-related activities shadow the fantastic world-leading initiatives that EITC to all but Evertonians).

These many contributors to our demise....players, Board, DOF etc and we have so many problems to resolve, however the biggest current issue for me is the choice of Allardyce as the Manager. That single event has pushed me to almost hate the thing that’s a massive part of my life both emotionally and physically, and I’m certain there’s others just like me. His interview post-match last night literally made me want to be sick - that diatribe alone should have Moshiri calling a meeting this morning and terminating the contract he should never have been given in the first place. The way he represented OUR Club was totally and utterly unacceptable irrespective of his own view of players and performance. He was the living embodiment of that fictional idiot Mike Bassett and that is scary.

So, simple approach. Should Allardyce be fired immediately or is he a neccesary Evil we have to endure as our Club is so inept to have got itself into this position? Is the recovery of our integrity more important right now than the dissecting of all the reasons for our current malaise?

Knee jerk springs to mind. Let's see what happens in the next match when Coleman is back and Morgs is benched for starts. That was a team picked to save players for the next match.

In the summer we probably need to go down option A. Also 'In the hope we remain in the premiership'? We need 9 to 12 points more from nearly a third of a season still left to play!

I know there’s other threads on our abomination of a season, our individual players, the Manager and the Board and I don’t want to cause duplication. However, having watched us since the early 70’s and been an STH for around 40 seasons I can honestly say I haven’t been so disillusioned with Everton as I am this weekend, and that takes some doing having watched what we have over the years.

Why, as a major Club ( I still firmly believe we are one) can we a) not stabilise under a new owner, b) make positive steps forward with the level of investment recently injected (however it’s generated and whatever other clubs have spent its still hugely more than anything previously at Everton) and c) demonstrate some calculable level of overall improvement? That’s what frustrates people....we know we aren’t going to win the League but a Club such as Everton should be able to deliver entertaining football and seriously challenge for the other available silverware. We are so predictable, so fragile and unfathomably mediocre in every facet bar supporter loyalty and community involvement (it embarrasses me beyond belief that our shambolic football-related activities shadow the fantastic world-leading initiatives that EITC to all but Evertonians).

These many contributors to our demise....players, Board, DOF etc and we have so many problems to resolve, however the biggest current issue for me is the choice of Allardyce as the Manager. That single event has pushed me to almost hate the thing that’s a massive part of my life both emotionally and physically, and I’m certain there’s others just like me. His interview post-match last night literally made me want to be sick - that diatribe alone should have Moshiri calling a meeting this morning and terminating the contract he should never have been given in the first place. The way he represented OUR Club was totally and utterly unacceptable irrespective of his own view of players and performance. He was the living embodiment of that fictional idiot Mike Bassett and that is scary.

So, simple approach. Should Allardyce be fired immediately or is he a neccesary Evil we have to endure as our Club is so inept to have got itself into this position? Is the recovery of our integrity more important right now than the dissecting of all the reasons for our current malaise?

At the moment there are too many layers at the Club personnel wise. Big Sam, Little Sam, Big Dunc, Shakespeare, Walsh. How many people are needed ffs?

I'd keep Big Sam and give him more power over choosing the players he wants rather than it going to 'Committee', which seems to the case for the most part. This would mean making Steve Walsh nothiing more than a Scout who can make suggestions on available players, but mostly works from the Managers instructions as to what's required. As for Craig Shakespeare... we could just beat him with sticks for fun.

I have the feeling that Big Sam will be shown the door, Shakespeare wil be put in charge on a trail basis, and it will all be happy families for him and his buddy Walsh.

I think we need to endure until the end of the season, stay up and then regroup. Bring in a forward thinking manager we can all get behind. Until then our fanbase will remain split.

Plus Kenwright, Elstone and a few more

koeman couldn't turn turd to gold
unsworth couldn't turn turd to gold
allardyce cant turn turd to gold
i dont believe there is a manager in the world who would get any better out of this squad.

there is a core of players who just aint good enough
a core of players who are low on moral
a core of players who are lazy spoilt and just don't care
lastly 2 senior players who are all of the above.

i would say that the steve walsh job role has been a complete failure and the root cause of most of our problems.
he needs to go. if moshiri cant see that , then he needs to go too.

koeman couldn't turn turd to gold
unsworth couldn't turn turd to gold
allardyce cant turn turd to gold
i dont believe there is a manager in the world who would get any better out of this squad.

there is a core of players who just aint good enough
a core of players who are low on moral
a core of players who are lazy spoilt and just don't care
lastly 2 senior players who are all of the above.

i would say that the steve walsh job role has been a complete failure and the root cause of most of our problems.
he needs to go. if moshiri cant see that , then he needs to go too.

It' the managers fault

It's a managers fault to get the best out of the players. Koeman couldn't so he got sacked unsowrth wernt ready so he never got the job ..this fat waster can't do it so he should go

Yesterday was set up to defend for 90 mins and hope for the best. I would rather have played to have a go and lose than what happened yesterday. Once that team was announced we all knew what was happening.

We were lucky Arsenal give up after the first 3 and took it easy, if they would have gone for it it would have been at least 7.

Our starting 11 cost £20m more than there’s did, we have spent more than ever and yet it’s the first time we’ve ever let 4 goals in, in a first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.