Are we more of an embarrassing shambles than peak Newcastle, QPR, Man City, Sunderland or Cardiff City?

Who are/were the biggest embarrassing shambles?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveysgingerlovechild

Official Allardyce Doubter
Honestly, I'm hacked off with the state of Everton and I keep winding myself up by comparing us to other clubs with shambolic owners / boards and fortunes in recent times.

Sunderland in my view are THE benchmark for long term idiocy. Spending bit on crap, racing through managers like mad, increasingly angry fans, successive relegations. The Kings.

QPR and Cardiff were magnificently ruined by seriously mad owners (Tony Fernandes and Vincent Tan take a bow), bad transfers and managerial choices. Special shout to Tan for changing the club strip.

Man City dropping several divisions was spectacular and set the model for Sunderland to emulate. Prior to their fortunes changing spectacularly, of course.

The Geordies under Ashley were all over the shop with suitable fan fume too. To the point I was convinced Ashley was trolling them.

As for us, we'll, we've got the idiosyncratic owner. The board are now, according to some, goading the fans. We've peed money up the wall. We've got long suffering and increasingly angry fans in spades.

Are we the most shambling embarrassment? I'd argue not, but we're mighty close.

Most mis-managed club in any top flight league right now I’d imagine.

Historically a bigger club than any of the rest in this poll as well(especially at the time when they were all having problems).

The sad thing with the owner, board and even lampard’s comments this week is none of them really seem to give a monkeys.

I’d probably say a mixture of all of them. Sunderland on the pitch. Players who are useless. QPR and Newcastle off the pitch for owners and how the club is run.
Cardiff you could say similar with the owner. He’s off his nut as well, Vincent Tan isn’t it? Suppose if Mosh wants to go full nuclear he can announce the changing of our strip from blue to red like Tan wanted to do.

Yes. Because we have won more league titles than Chelsea and Spurs combined and have spent more seasons in the top division than any other club. And of course we’ve never been relegated from the PL.

We were so close to getting into the top 4 before the takeover, with a record points total in Martinez first season. Most people thought that we would bridge that gap if we had some investment to get the players in to make that difference. Having spent more money than we ever thought we could on transfers since moshiri came along, we`re in a worse state the we were in back in 94, and there`s a long way to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.