2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccole

Player Valuation: £35m
Like a new signing!

Without discrediting the lad, I think he has been good at Sunderland with 7 goals and 2 assists in 17 games which is nothing to be embarrassed about given we have been linked to Coventry's Gyokeres who has 12 goals in 24 and they want a reported £20m.

He is only 21 and has worked hard to gain the experience to become a first teamer at Everton by going on loan to Sunderland, Hearts and Blackpool respectively.

I thought it was stupid to allow him to go out on loan given our lack of forward signings and I know it screams desperation recalling him but we are.

I just think it's unfair to add to the extra pressure to make out he is the problem and not the board for spending on our frontline which to me screams that they don't see Lampard longterm.

Anyway best of luck Ellis and SACK THE BOARD.

Last edited:

I think for once this is actually fair.

Everywhere he’s been he’s scored.
He may not be good enough long term but we're kinda knackered right now so he's definitely in the worth a punt category.

You'd hope they're bringing him back as a no cost option because we have something else lined up for one of the forward positions with our limited funds.

He may not be good enough long term but we're kinda knackered right now so he's definitely in the worth a punt category.

You'd hope they're bringing him back as a no cost option because we have something else lined up for one of the forward positions with our limited funds.
Simms and A. N. Other is a good start at reparations.

You can probably get a gauge for how good he is by looking on this Sunderland forum.

My mate just sent me a link to it, and considering they’re 4th and he’s scoring, the majority aren’t upset that he is leaving, which again, is very ominous.

….confirms what a ludicrous decision it was to send him on loan, especially when we didn’t have a back-up to DCL until over a month into the season & then bought completely the wrong type in Maupay.

Demonstrates the gross negligence of those making these decisions & managing our transfer strategy. The club is totally mismanaged & ultimately that manifests itself on the pitch.

This is proper kitchen sink stuff isn't it, safe to say we probably arent doing any business next month.

He scores goals but whenever I watched he loooks like he has cinderblocks for boots.

Really hope he proves me wrong - he at least fits the 'Target Man' role somewhat more than little Neal.

You can probably get a gauge for how good he is by looking on this Sunderland forum.

My mate just sent me a link to it, and considering they’re 4th and he’s scoring, the majority aren’t upset that he is leaving, which again, is very ominous.

My mate was buzzing with him after the first 5/6 games. They loved broadhead (he just got injured a lot) but my mate was going on about how simms is another level. I think he has then gone off the boil a bit unfortunately.

My mate was buzzing with him after the first 5/6 games. They loved broadhead (he just got injured a lot) but my mate was going on about how simms is another level. I think he has then gone off the boil a bit unfortunately.

Hopefully he’ll come good.

But the consensus seems that he’s a finisher, but not technically a good footballer, which is what Maupay was brought in to be, which again, concerns me.

I was hoping I’d have heard a few more waves in the market by now, as I can’t emphasise how important the run of Brighton, West Ham and Southampton is.

Status
Not open for further replies.