2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really needs to kick on this season. 25 in January and with a good number of games under his belt in the Premier League. Hasn't looked convincing for a good while now, but I am sure that Tarkowski can get the best out of him, or if he's somehow lucky enough to play alongside both Mina and Tarks that he'll look a much better player.

I’ll be honest, I omitted that detail to make my initial point more impressive.
Still he did play it the whole season, which means he knows what the role is all about.

Thankfully it looks like we are about to sign 2 DMs, so I think his options there will be limited.

Still he did play it the whole season, which means he knows what the role is all about.

Thankfully it looks like we are about to sign 2 DMs, so I think his options there will be limited.
Yeah I did sorta mean as a failsafe option, and that is assuming we’d sign Coady and he’d play alongside Tarkowski.

Really needs to kick on this season. 25 in January and with a good number of games under his belt in the Premier League. Hasn't looked convincing for a good while now, but I am sure that Tarkowski can get the best out of him, or if he's somehow lucky enough to play alongside both Mina and Tarks that he'll look a much better player.
Agree, and he needs to take more responsibility with the ball. He is always looking to offload it a bit like a rabbit in headlights, and then usually passes it backwards. His only attribute is his speed.

Agree, and he needs to take more responsibility with the ball. He is always looking to offload it a bit like a rabbit in headlights, and then usually passes it backwards. His only attribute is his speed.
He might be one to move on at the end of the season if he doesn't look like he's improving. I want him to succeed, but you can't give him the Tom Davies treatment and allow him six seasons to show improvement. Firstly though it's all about Keane and Holgate being taken off the books. Ben deserves time yet, I think he can come good, at least as a rotation player.

… lot depends on who is here at the end of the window, but I reckon he’s ahead of Keane and Holgate in the CB pecking order. I can see him being a regular in central defence this season.

Like Holgate, was still being touted as "young" when the clock ticked to 25.

This fella really has the next three months to make his mark. As you say, he'll be 25 after the World Cup break. He's either established as a consistent performer for us by then or we need to be moving him closer to the exit door.

Status
Not open for further replies.