Homepage Article “We expect more”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Fabian Delph has admitted Everton “weren’t good enough” following their 2-0 defeat to Sheffield United, and has called on his teammates to “have a good look in the mirror”.

In quotes from MailSport, Delph said: “The manager always ends up coming under a lot of pressure, but us players need to have a good look in the mirror and look at each other.

“I hate losing. I have three little girls and cannot let them win anything. I’m a nightmare.

“But you get your frustration out, you speak about the game individually to people and collectively. Now we focus on Sheffield Wednesday.

“We weren’t good enough. We planned well all week and it didn’t click. It is a big club with a lot of history and we expect more from ourselves.

“The fans always turn up and they have made their feelings clear.”

Continue reading...

Sounds good but means nothing.
He didn't speak about the lack of tempo, the lack of creativity, the inability to defend against a very average team who barely had five attacks in the game although we had a back four and two defensive midfielders in front of them.

Of course they wanted to win, of course they tried to prepare well.... that should not even be mentionad, it is a given.

Why they failed so abjectly to do so is what I would like to hear him address.
Did the players not carry out the managers plan, if not then why ?

oh another rallying cry

management should ban these cowards from realising these statements every week.

we know youse weren't good enough, you don't need to tell us after every game and then do exactly the same in the next game

Oh shall they say nothing and then fans have a go for not saying a thing? Make your mind up

Oh shall they say nothing and then fans have a go for not saying a thing? Make your mind up
I know the players are wheeled out to give stock answers at times like this, but they shouldn't be surprised when people who had to sit through 90 minutes of useless football are not impressed with a bland attempt to calm the waters.

They need a rocket up their arse,
the second half at Wembley against utd is just one case of players taking charge of a game when the managers lost the plot,
Surely they're experienced enough to work out how to play, if the managers instructions aren't working, try something that does?

Status
Not open for further replies.