“Very strong on the head”

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDuncTributeBand

Player Valuation: £25m
Heard a post match interview from Lucas Moura, he said something i’d been thinking while watching the game “they have quality players and are very strong on the head, it was very difficult to break them down...”

We’re a pretty imposing team now. Mina, Keane, Big Dom are all great in the air. Doucoure and Gomes are both over six foot as well. Richarlison and Digne are excellent in the air for their size.

Should be looking to score plenty and concede far fewer from set pieces than we did last season. Be interesting to see how that new defensive set up from set pieces works out.

Looks like a good blend of craft and guile with physicality this year. Like it.

Heard a post match interview from Lucas Moura, he said something i’d been thinking while watching the game “they have quality players and are very strong on the head, it was very difficult to break them down...”

We’re a pretty imposing team now. Mina, Keane, Big Dom are all great in the air. Doucoure and Gomes are both over six foot as well. Richarlison and Digne are excellent in the air for their size.

Should be looking to score plenty and concede far fewer from set pieces than we did last season. Be interesting to see how that new defensive set up from set pieces works out.

Looks like a good blend of craft and guile with physicality this year. Like it.

Yes we have certainly a lot of height in the squad and some big units.

I have watched DCL's goal about 100 times since Sunday. A thing of beauty. The thing with height though is that you have to have decent delivery and we have that as well with Digne and James.

I'd like to see Mina in particular get a few more goals. There should be 5 goals a season from him and that's worth a few extra points alone.

Keane and Mina don't score enough given there size imo but yes it helps having two giants like them with someone like Doucoure as well and DCL who has an outrageous leap on him and Richarlison who is almost Cahill esque sometimes, It's a very handy thing to have specially when you're chasing games because all it takes is one corner/freekick.

Yes we have certainly a lot of height in the squad and some big units.

I have watched DCL's goal about 100 times since Sunday. A thing of beauty. The thing with height though is that you have to have decent delivery and we have that as well with Digne and James.

I'd like to see Mina in particular get a few more goals. There should be 5 goals a season from him and that's worth a few extra points alone.
Absolutely, good to be able to mix it up and score in different ways. Can’t expect a JRod wonder goal every game.

We had a poor record from defending set pieces last season so room for improvement there, if we do it’ll be worth a few extra points as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.