‘The Everton Way’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorf

Player Valuation: £500k
I was thinking about the mess we’re in and that we need to rip it up and start again properly in the summer. If I was Moshiri I’d have a sit down with Brands and talk about a ten year plan. For argument sake I’d call it ‘The Everton Way’, and it would involve the following criteria, in no particular order:

1. Everton have to have a certain way of playing perhaps 433 with direct (not long ball) football. That suits football in the premiership. We sign managers that play that way but are flexible in style I.e can adjust a tactic if plan A isn’t working perhaps defend in a 442 and attack as a 433.

2. A complete overhaul of the youth academy (this might be happening already). Players must from 16 onwards be able to use both feet and play and understand different positions. They must also play similar to the 1st team so they can easily slot in when called up.

A minimum of 2 youth players should become part of the first team and play regular football each year.

3. Appoint a manager who plays our style of football and has been highly successful. In the beginning it’s not going to be a Mourinho type but someone who has been successful for at 3 years.

4. Once the manager is appointed he gets a two year contract, no more. He is under constant review and will be reviewed after 6 months. He will then have a meeting with the DoF to discuss his performance good or bad and the plan going forward. He’ll get a full season unless it’s a complete disaster in which case he’s gone.

After his second season if it’s been a success or progress has clearly been made he’ll get another 2 year contract with the same stipulations, if not he’s out.

5. Transfers. We’ll use academy players, sign unknowns and add the odd marquee player(s) in vital positions. Even if we become a hugely successful club we will still have the same principles. We shouldn’t spend 200M on a player like Neymar for instance. It’ll keep us ticking along nicely and not attract shark agents and mercenary players.

The club needs to find an identity real quick or we’re just going to be even more of a joke than what we are now.

I was thinking about the mess we’re in and that we need to rip it up and start again properly in the summer. If I was Moshiri I’d have a sit down with Brands and talk about a ten year plan. For argument sake I’d call it ‘The Everton Way’, and it would involve the following criteria, in no particular order:

1. Everton have to have a certain way of playing perhaps 433 with direct (not long ball) football. That suits football in the premiership. We sign managers that play that way but are flexible in style I.e can adjust a tactic if plan A isn’t working perhaps defend in a 442 and attack as a 433.

2. A complete overhaul of the youth academy (this might be happening already). Players must from 16 onwards be able to use both feet and play and understand different positions. They must also play similar to the 1st team so they can easily slot in when called up.

A minimum of 2 youth players should become part of the first team and play regular football each year.

3. Appoint a manager who plays our style of football and has been highly successful. In the beginning it’s not going to be a Mourinho type but someone who has been successful for at 3 years.

4. Once the manager is appointed he gets a two year contract, no more. He is under constant review and will be reviewed after 6 months. He will then have a meeting with the DoF to discuss his performance good or bad and the plan going forward. He’ll get a full season unless it’s a complete disaster in which case he’s gone.

After his second season if it’s been a success or progress has clearly been made he’ll get another 2 year contract with the same stipulations, if not he’s out.

5. Transfers. We’ll use academy players, sign unknowns and add the odd marquee player(s) in vital positions. Even if we become a hugely successful club we will still have the same principles. We shouldn’t spend 200M on a player like Neymar for instance. It’ll keep us ticking along nicely and not attract shark agents and mercenary players.

The club needs to find an identity real quick or we’re just going to be even more of a joke than what we are now.
Short version; get a team that wins more than it loses

Honestly we need a ‘dynasty’ builder, but modern football doesn’t have the space for such people.

We shouldn’t spend 200M on a player like Neymar for instance.
nawww.gif

We need someone who can bridge the disconnect between the club and fans, but you have to consistently win games to do it or at least play good football. There is no Everton way, we are the way of whoever is in charge.

We need to get Belichick in, he'll build a dynasty and we'll become the most hated team in the league. As opposed to the most hated within its own fanbase. Might concede a few more penalties for handball though.

Anyone will do for me who can see the obvious. Which this bloke can't.

Most teams start with a solid backbone of the keeper, centre backs and a proven striker, we have none of these save for maybe Pickford.
As a long time blue we've always had solid and assured centre backs, from Labone, through Kenyon, Mountfield, Dave Watson, Unsworh, Parkinson, Jags, Distin the list is endless.........jeez Yobo would be an asset now.

Just looking at yesterdays match and good old Tony Hibbert would have done as good as a stand in as those two. When Keane (caught out of position again)was chasing back in a tussle for the ball with their much smaller striker and was muscled off it was the last straw for me. We simply have nothing better at the moment.

And as for our strike force, we have a rotation between Cenk 28 million Tosun and Calvert "he's only 21 so give him a chance Lewin.

The next manager will need to get this poor and deflated squad at least fighting for a result and showing some pride for the shirt, then the spends may (or may not) be available for him to start the build.

Problem is the dead wood we've bought will have very poor residuals now I'd imagine and will be hard to shift without great losses.

It's glaringly obvious where this team is lacking, although we as fans can't do anything about it.

So yes, just someone who can read what's going on.
I'd go Arteta/Moyes for the interim, a mixture of experience and promise.

Just so sad and and angry we need to be debating it this season, I truly hoped we'd be better than the toothless. sham we've become.

We need to get Belichick in, he'll build a dynasty and we'll become the most hated team in the league. As opposed to the most hated within its own fanbase. Might concede a few more penalties for handball though.

I like the idea of scoring, maybe, 26 goals a game but conceding 14 or so won’t be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.