£40m Saved! Wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wonder who is going to be happy to take all of our underperforming high earning players? It not Football Manager, where some mug will just sign anyone you put on the transfer list.

Who cares about the money spent and who cares about silly articles from bad journos?

I only care about money spent when it's on the heap of garbage I watch two times a week.

The guys, outside of pickford they have spent on, are mostly a waste. I'd rather just overwhelm one offensive minded star with an offer than buy all this crap. Cenk, Sandros, Sigurdsson, Keane, even digne, great personality, scrappy with some talent, but seems out of position taking bad tackles all the time. He's lucky the tackle turned out the way it did against Cardiff. Who's the Dutch bum they bought off the Eredivise?

When you look at all the money spent on crap, it's annoying. I dont care about spending because it's not money. I'm just annoyed about the spending because it is all utter crap they have spent on. Outside of Richarlison, I stil have hope for him.

I do go every fortnight and it's a boringly snide thing to suggest otherwise. I care less about the money wasted by a bad bell of a chairman - I hope he loses more than enough that he leaves the club to people who can either manage it or care about it. The article itself is pretty crap.

And it's just as boring to call the article crap and say who cares without ever explaining why. What you complain about him saying is what you're also doing.

Sure these things have been said over and over again, I can't say I disagree with any of the article.

We could shift those players and it would literally make no difference to our squad with the exception of Walcott, ( who’s not good English anyway) if we did their wages, after 10 years would pay for our stadium. That’s insane , they could actually afford tobuild a premier league stadium over ten years with their wages .

I'll be the first to admit that I can't stand these click bait sites but this hits home hard!

How Everton can trim their wage bill by just over £40 million this summer

Everton have been going about their transfer business as if they are a top-six club in recent years. Extravagant spending sprees have become the norm, but what do they have to show for it?

The damning answer is, well, nothing at all. A collection of immensely talented individuals have been assembled and placed under the tutelage of Marco Silva, whose own mediocrity appears to be rubbing off on his squad of players.

But the Portuguese manager still needs time to build a squad of players who are well-suited to his philosophy. Farhad Moshiri may well need to provide him with significant financial backing once again this summer, but a handful of key decisions regarding the current squad need to be made before a budget can be set.

A quick dive into Everton’s finances shows that the club are splurging money down the drain on a myriad of bang-average players. Naturally, it’s important to acknowledge that this is not a game of Football Manager and selling a professional football player is not a black and white process, but Everton will have to initiate a healthy clear-out to maximise the Toffees’ wage bill in the summer.

That’s where we come in. We’re taking a look at the players Moshiri, Silva and Director of Football Marcel Brands could and certainly should actively seek to offload this summer to take a hefty chunk out of the wage bill, based on figures provided by Spotrac.

Those who are unlikely to stay beyond the summer

Idrissa Gueye, earning £3.64m per year, handed in a transfer request in January in a bid to force through a move to PSG, so it seems unlikely that he will remain at Goodison if the French giants renew their interest in the summer.

Veterans Leighton Baines and Ashley Williams are both out of contract in the summer and they’re earning £3.64m a year each. Logic would tell you they’ll be leaving Goodison Park, even if the former is an immensely popular servant.

Finding suitors for five dead weights could save Everton more than £15million next season. Yannick Bolasie, Kevin Mirallas, Sandro Ramirez, Oumar Niasse and Cuco Martina are all plying their trade away from the club on loan and seemingly surplus to requirements.

Bolasie currently takes home £3.9m per year, Mirallas £3.64m, Ramirez £3.38m, Niasse £2.86m and Martina £1.82m. Chop all four and Brands has plenty of cash to play with on his wage bill.

Those who aren’t warranting their wage on the pitch

Earning a massive £5.2m per year – equivalent to 100k per week – Theo Walcott is one of Everton’s top earners.

To say that his salary is out of sync with his contribution to the club would be a criminal understatement. If Everton have any sense they’ll get rid.

Meanwhile, Morgan Schniederlin and Cenk Tosun are pocketing £5.2m and £3.12m respectively. More money down the drain.

Results of Everton’s summer sale

Sanctioning all of the aforementioned departures would be a financial game-changer. In total, £40.04million would be eliminated from the yearly wage bill, equivalent to £770k per week.

To place that into context, Everton could add another seven players to their wage bill on £90k per week – the wage Richarlison takes home – and still have £50k per week left to play with.
Over to you, Brands and Moshiri.

Shocking if even close to true!

Where is McCarthy, Besic, Tarashaj, Garbutt, Galloway, Connolly and Pennington etc? Not even £40m it should be £50m.

In may we will have roughly 43 first team players on our books, 2 or 3 contracts will expire, provided we dont renew them of course, we then need to get that group of players reduced in some way.

Its really not going to be an easy job.

Defo: Baines, Williams, Jagielka (their contracts will expire this summer). Martina (obligation to buy).

50/50: Mirallas, Niasse, Tarashaj (option to buy).

That’s about it.

I only care about money spent when it's on the heap of garbage I watch two times a week.

The guys, outside of pickford they have spent on, are mostly a waste. I'd rather just overwhelm one offensive minded star with an offer than buy all this crap. Cenk, Sandros, Sigurdsson, Keane, even digne, great personality, scrappy with some talent, but seems out of position taking bad tackles all the time. He's lucky the tackle turned out the way it did against Cardiff. Who's the Dutch bum they bought off the Eredivise?

When you look at all the money spent on crap, it's annoying. I dont care about spending because it's not money. I'm just annoyed about the spending because it is all utter crap they have spent on. Outside of Richarlison, I stil have hope for him.
Yes, Digne and Siggy were horrid buys, but the guy with butter hands was a way better investment.

What a post.

digne? Get in the bin you fool he's our best player

Status
Not open for further replies.