Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to register player to qualifications by friday I think

This will drag on for weeks maybe

c. 21 July 2017 (24.00CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round; d. 7 August 2017 (24.00CET) for all matches in the play-offs; e. 1 September 2017 (24.00CET) for all further matches from the first match in the group stage up to and including the final.

c. 21 July 2017 (24.00CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round; d. 7 August 2017 (24.00CET) for all matches in the play-offs; e. 1 September 2017 (24.00CET) for all further matches from the first match in the group stage up to and including the final.

Is this just players we can register for that round or for the whole tournament if we progress?

Seriously?

Sigurdsson created 9 of his 10 assists in 2014/15 in open play.

This means he can contribute in open play. Why did he then only register 5 last season?

Swansea's goal scorers last season

KcjnwsejR6aM3FS5JZQPUw.png

Llorente (ST), Fer (CM), Mawson (CB), Routledge (RW), Olsson (LB)

6 of Llorente's 15 goals were from set pieces. 8 headers.

3 of Fer's 6 goals were from set pieces.

4 of Mawson's 4 goals were from set pieces.

How is Sigurdsson going to get assists in open play, when none of his team mates are good in open play?

I doubt there is anybody better than him at passing or crossing the ball on both feet in the league.

MerYoJF1STaUJD5wxOojyA.png

Yet between January 2015 & May 2016, Sigurdsson only officially registered 4 assists in 55 appearances, 7%.

Before and after that dry-spell, Sigurdsson registered 27 assists in 69 appearances, 37.5%

Sigurdsson shouldn't only be 4th place in the assist table over the past 3 seasons, 26 assists in 104 appearances is 24.5%

If he kept up his 37.5% assist ratio, then he would have 39 assists in 104 appearances according to the projected statistics.

He is 2nd in the goals/assists table, but should be leading it.

Doing it with awful players compared to the likes of the top 6. It's not like he cant score goals either..

Both feet, volleys, headers, inside or outside the box, either side of the pitch, low driven punts or curlers with finesse, free-kicks, penalties.. He offers everything in regards to scoring goals.

Everton is about to sign the most both footed shooter, passer & crosser in the league.

Oh Christ we have a live one here. Stats from 2014 that you've bolded. Videos from years ago too, unless Newcastle are back in the prem. I like him, he's just not what I would consider a 50million pound player. Neither do the club's judging by reports.

Seriously?

Sigurdsson created 9 of his 10 assists in 2014/15 in open play.

This means he can contribute in open play. Why did he then only register 5 last season?

Swansea's goal scorers last season

KcjnwsejR6aM3FS5JZQPUw.png

Llorente (ST), Fer (CM), Mawson (CB), Routledge (RW), Olsson (LB)

6 of Llorente's 15 goals were from set pieces. 8 headers.

3 of Fer's 6 goals were from set pieces.

4 of Mawson's 4 goals were from set pieces.

How is Sigurdsson going to get assists in open play, when none of his team mates are good in open play?

I doubt there is anybody better than him at passing or crossing the ball on both feet in the league.

MerYoJF1STaUJD5wxOojyA.png

Yet between January 2015 & May 2016, Sigurdsson only officially registered 4 assists in 55 appearances, 7%.

Before and after that dry-spell, Sigurdsson registered 27 assists in 69 appearances, 37.5%

Sigurdsson shouldn't only be 4th place in the assist table over the past 3 seasons, 26 assists in 104 appearances is 24.5%

If he kept up his 37.5% assist ratio, then he would have 39 assists in 104 appearances according to the projected statistics.

He is 2nd in the goals/assists table, but should be leading it.

Doing it with awful players compared to the likes of the top 6. It's not like he cant score goals either..

Both feet, volleys, headers, inside or outside the box, either side of the pitch, low driven punts or curlers with finesse, free-kicks, penalties.. He offers everything in regards to scoring goals.

Everton is about to sign the most both footed shooter, passer & crosser in the league.

Although i think your post contains a bit of hyperbole, I think your point about considering other seasons as well as last season is bang on.

But don't expect this to go down well with the masses as most on here were still in diapers/nappies up until a couple of years ago.

Prepubescents all over the shop.

Oh Christ we have a live one here. Stats from 2014 that you've bolded. Videos from years ago too, unless Newcastle are back in the prem. I like him, he's just not what I would consider a 50million pound player. Neither do the club's judging by reports.

Yeah anything before last year doesn't count because you were still in Primary/Elementary school.

Stalemate is what we have now between both clubs - Everton should continue to drive there recruitment process in the other areas and let Swansea sweat on missing out on a replacement if they let this drag on.

Yeah anything before last year doesn't count because you were still in Primary/Elementary school.
Wtf Are you on about? He replied to a post about this year's stats with stats from 2014. I suggest it's you who doesn't have a level of understanding, and mock people who don't agree with your viewpoint. No pampers needed here.

For those that are interested, I've heard again from my friend at Swansea. Siggy has been training on his own at the clubs training ground. However, interestingly AC Milan made a bid and it got rejected. Apparently it was a lot lower than what Everton and Leicester offered. He said that he understood that the Everton offer was lodged shortly after the Milan bid. Perhaps they forced out hand?

Before others do it:
@orly

For those that are interested, I've heard again from my friend at Swansea. Siggy has been training on his own at the clubs training ground. However, interestingly AC Milan made a bid and it got rejected. Apparently it was a lot lower than what Everton and Leicester offered. He said that he understood that the Everton offer was lodged shortly after the Milan bid. Perhaps they forced out hand?

Before others do it:
@orly
DIY weaselling, nice move. Interesting if true and highlights the complexities of modern transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.