£110m loss for past 13 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Player Valuation: £500k
Paul Joyce has just posted this.....

Anyone ablke to get past pay wall to get full article?

Not allowed anymore, booooo.

giphy.gif

Said this earlier... if the Times are reporting a figure before the accounts are released, they're probably being a tad conservative, the losses could actually be higher than the £110 million they're reporting.

That's going to weigh like an anchor for the next two years. We have to turn a profit for that period somehow, which is hard when you're starting from a position of bleeding red ink.

That's going to weigh like an anchor for the next two years. We have to turn a profit for that period somehow, which is hard when you're starting from a position of bleeding red ink.
That is a paper loss which will almost definitely have been blown to that level by the amortisation of the value of the players.
Look out for the trading loss as that relates to cashflow.

That is a paper loss which will almost definitely have been blown to that level by the amortisation of the value of the players.
Look out for the trading loss as that relates to cashflow.

The fact that it's amortization is what's scary, because we're going to continue to amortize those players for the next 2-3 years. I'm not concerned about the club going under on cashflow. I'm concerned about the club's ability to buy and stay within FFP.

Yeah, people forget thats different than losses for FPP. Thats total losses which includes stadium related costs, not just football operations. If that were accurate I would guess actually losses for FPP accounting would likely be closer to 70 million(10 million for extra month, 30 million for stadium/non football).

Status
Not open for further replies.