2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, players come back from them but I’m not sure if they’re always the same. Van Dijk isn’t no matter how much the media spin it. People will cry ‘he was always rubbish’ but Bolasie’s ACL pretty much finished him as a top flight player and ended his career with us. Same with Mangala, same with Tosun, same with Besic. People may have had views on their effectiveness before but they went from getting minutes in the first team to being completely out of the squad picture.

Even as far back as Jagielka Arteta and Yakubu (can’t think of another club who has had three ACLs in one season), Jagielka bounced back the best but never truly had that lightning pace he had before. Arteta lost his edge, he relied on technique and became a deep lying midfielder that we saw at Arsenal but the Arteta who could play on the wing and take on fullbacks was gone for ever. Yakubu was completely finished apart from a swan song at Blackburn.

They’re career destroyers, there’s the odd player who has come back at a decent level but there’s not many who come back just as good. I wouldn’t trust any players rehabilitation to our medical team either. If it’s an ACL it’s a nightmare for the lad, let’s pray it’s not.

Yakubu ruptured his achilles tendon, which is actually a worse injury

A) you previously got annoyed by someone using stats.

B) Coleman runs forward aimlessly when he does go and no longer has the dynamism to do that and contribute adequately defensively.

Also, Coleman's defensive skills have always been poor - he lacks concentration, is too short and doesn't use his body well to compensate for aerial duels and has very poor positioning and lacks the pace he used to have to compensate for this. He is still fairly decent at doing a marking job on an opposition player but that's your lot really.
I wonder if Roberto Carlos was ever accused of being too short to play full back

I don’t know, players come back from them but I’m not sure if they’re always the same. Van Dijk isn’t no matter how much the media spin it. People will cry ‘he was always rubbish’ but Bolasie’s ACL pretty much finished him as a top flight player and ended his career with us. Same with Mangala, same with Tosun, same with Besic. People may have had views on their effectiveness before but they went from getting minutes in the first team to being completely out of the squad picture.

Even as far back as Jagielka Arteta and Yakubu (can’t think of another club who has had three ACLs in one season), Jagielka bounced back the best but never truly had that lightning pace he had before. Arteta lost his edge, he relied on technique and became a deep lying midfielder that we saw at Arsenal but the Arteta who could play on the wing and take on fullbacks was gone for ever. Yakubu was completely finished apart from a swan song at Blackburn.

They’re career destroyers, there’s the odd player who has come back at a decent level but there’s not many who come back just as good. I wouldn’t trust any players rehabilitation to our medical team either. If it’s an ACL it’s a nightmare for the lad, let’s pray it’s not.
Disagree, having had two ACL repairs myself, what you describe is classic confirmation bias. After and injury, every bad game/pass/slow movement is assigned to the injury as evidence he is finished, the reality being that this happens to all players all the time. Even KDB has off games, lesser mortals have more off games and more opportunity to apply confirmation bias. He's a kid at the start of his career, he'll be back good as new.

Or can cause slight over compensation on the other side but the Fitness Dept (I know, even Everton's) would be all over that.
This was an injury sustained by sheer determination and an unfortunate collision. Could've happened to anyone battling for the ball like that
I'd be more concerned about him starting to hold back slightly over time because it must be very frustrating for him to miss out again
Yes, but that doesn't rule out a structural weakness.

Prophetic?

Prophetic?

of course not!
Throw a thousand things at a wall, something is bound to stick! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.