2022/23 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lad offeres depth to the squad, but realistically he's got 5 others in front of him for a starting role. Couple that with the wages he's on, and it makes more sense to move him on. It gives Garner more chance of getting game time and developing for the future also.

I was impressed with Davies in his few appearances this year.
Probably 6th choice now but not concerned if I see him coming on or starting when need be.
We finally have strength in depth in midfield
Just needed to double check that you meant to say Davies...like Tom Davies?

I'd sooner have Allan on the pitch than Davies or Doucoure, but it doesn't look like he's wanted by Lampard, so may as well let him go.

Absolutely crazy the revisionism over him. He’s a million miles better than Davies will probably ever be. I was gutted when he was sent off v Newcastle and almost every Everton fan thought that might be us down because of that decision. When he was out injured under Carlo we were a completely different team.

Davies can swan about for years offering nothing and has a decent game and his massive fan club are ready to forgive all sins and give him a new contract (are people serious about that?!)

Allan has a few bad games in a midfield two or when he’s carried an injury but generally been one of our better midfielders and people want him out at the first opportunity

I don’t understand it

Is he by chance leaving ?
He wont be heading back to Italy any time soon Id have thought...

Is he by chance leaving ?

been linked to a move to Al-Wahd in the UAE, their transfer window is open till 4th October. I am not a fan of selling players outside of our transfer window, it worries me. We have;

Onana
Gana
Iwobi
Davies
Doucoure
Garner

At the moment Allan is probably behind all of them in the pecking order, with our injury record though I would not be surprised if we needed Alan before the January window opened, so if we sell him in October, we could be back to playing a 2 man midfield and a back 3 again.

Absolutely crazy the revisionism over him. He’s a million miles better than Davies will probably ever be. I was gutted when he was sent off v Newcastle and almost every Everton fan thought that might be us down because of that decision. When he was out injured under Carlo we were a completely different team.

Davies can swan about for years offering nothing and has a decent game and his massive fan club are ready to forgive all sins and give him a new contract (are people serious about that?!)

Allan has a few bad games in a midfield two or when he’s carried an injury but generally been one of our better midfielders and people want him out at the first opportunity

I don’t understand it

This is revisionism to be honest. Allan has had a handful of good games in his two years at the club, he’s been a very poor signing regardless of your opinion on Davies. Our manager seems to think he’s surplus to requirements too.

At the end of the day he’s just nowhere near the player people thought he was going to be because he was Brazilian and a King Carlo signing, and some people just have a really hard time accepting that. Not good enough and we won’t miss him one bit. The fact he isn’t wanted by any serious football club in the world and looks to be going to the UAE tells us all we need to know about his level.

been linked to a move to Al-Wahd in the UAE, their transfer window is open till 4th October. I am not a fan of selling players outside of our transfer window, it worries me. We have;

Onana
Gana
Iwobi
Davies
Doucoure
Garner

At the moment Allan is probably behind all of them in the pecking order, with our injury record though I would not be surprised if we needed Alan before the January window opened, so if we sell him in October, we could be back to playing a 2 man midfield and a back 3 again.
Can't be paying 100k a week to a 7th choice midfielder though, in the off chance 4 other guys get injured and he's needed to play. We've only got 10 league games between now and the window opening, during which period we'd pay him over a million to twiddle his thumbs. If there's a chance to get rid we have to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.