2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really isn’t leagues above him. That is nonsense hyperbole. He still has a lot to prove. Both have proved that they have a place in our team for different reasons, but neither have proved they’re good enough for any other team other than Everton currently.

Behave! One is a very young right back with mistakes and potential in equal measure for whom there was zero competition to buy him when we did. The other is a potential once in a generation game changer who had elite clubs tailing him this summer.

To put this to bed - Patterson will likely have the career of an Earl Barret. Gordon is on a trajectory like a Raheem Sterling.

Behave! One is a very young right back with mistakes and potential in equal measure for whom there was zero competition to buy him when we did. The other is a potential once in a generation game changer who had elite clubs tailing him this summer.

To put this to bed - Patterson will likely have the career of an Earl Barret. Gordon is on a trajectory like a Raheem Sterling.

Anthony Gordon is not a once in a generation player. There is a reason most in here were laughing at a 40m bid from Chelsea.

Problem is that with DCL back, I’d be tempted to start the next match with Gray-Dom-Maupay based on form… and it’s really hard to convince myself that we can afford to keep a 50m+ player on the bench

Problem is that with Dominic Calvert-Lewin back, I’d be tempted to start the next match with Gray-Dom-Maupay based on form… and it’s really hard to convince myself that we can afford to keep a 50m+ player on the bench
I looked a fair bit at Maupays career and there was a lack of him playing as a wide forward.

In fact, I couldnt find a single game.

any truth to the fact that we've offered him a new contract which is like 5 x his current salary but his agent is still trying to get him a transfer to chelsea?

apparently this contract has been on the table for months so must be some truth in it otherwise he would have signed it by now surely

any truth to the fact that we've offered him a new contract which is like 5 x his current salary but his agent is still trying to get him a transfer to chelsea?

apparently this contract has been on the table for months so must be some truth in it otherwise he would have signed it by now surely
Read somewhere the other day that he’s on £10k p/w so if he ends up on £50K p/w no huge dramas.
Should offer him £50k goal bonus if he’s not happy with that, should save a fortune.

Anthony Gordon is not a once in a generation player. There is a reason most in here were laughing at a 40m bid from Chelsea.
You've got a cob on because he shouted at a Scottish player

It's pathetic.

Anyone who knows football can see what an enormous talent Gordon is.

People doubting that for whatever reason are utterly clueless.

You've got a cob on because he shouted at a Scottish player

It's pathetic.

Anyone who knows football can see what an enormous talent Gordon is.

People doubting that for whatever reason are utterly clueless.
His fanboys seem to have elevated him at a level his talent hasnt yet reached.

He was very, very poor on Sunday, hes been very, very poor in the majority of games these season, for the record.

Hes potentially a very good player, at this point, I dont see him ever reaching the heights his fanboys think.

His fanboys seem to have elevated him at a level his talent hasnt yet reached.

He was very, very poor on Sunday, hes been very, very poor in the majority of games these season, for the record.

Hes potentially a very good player, at this point, I dont see him ever reaching the heights his fanboys think.
I dont think he had a bad game at all. Im not sure he fits into a right sided position. He's a player that needs freedom to roam about across the front line and pick the ball up from deep. The lack of overlapping and general support in attack from Patterson is hampering him down that right flank.

No truth. Just rumours. The lad gives it everything. Clearly his financial world has changed but that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.