2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20220918-223314_Google.jpg

I feared that Coady and Tarkowski might not work together - too many cooks etc - but they are telepathic.

Going to 4 at the back has played into Tarko's strength and underlined Coady's versatility.
I didn't want to sign him mate, thought he was way too slow, bit too weak to play in a back four and not that good in one on one's

The lads actually a top tier cb.

I feared that Coady and Tarkowski might not work together - too many cooks etc - but they are telepathic.

Going to 4 at the back has played into Tarko's strength and underlined Coady's versatility.

Agree about Tarks, was one block today and they showed the replay was absolutely wonderful positioning knowing the keepers blind spot and getting in the perfect spot to block it, no drawn to the ball or waiting to react, just a top cb knowing where the danger was and getting himself in the best position to stop it. Showed me just how clever a cb Tarkowski is

I didn't want to sign him mate, thought he was way too slow, bit too weak to play in a back four and not that good in one on one's

That early clearance today: like the Barry block in his first game a few years back against Chelsea. Set the tone for a big win on this occasion.

Happy to eat my words so far on Coady.

What theyve both got is a great mentality. They go to war every game. Today was Coady was skinned hes astute enough to take Antonio down.

Tarkowski went down hurt, gave it a rub and got on with it.

Lampard obviously knew Tarkowski and wanted to spend big on him for Chelsea. Thelwell knows Coadys character. They are making a huge difference.

Funny thing is though -Tatks was never the Captain at Burnley, it was Mee so think yes he's vocal but kinda not in an ego sort of way, so perfect blend with Coadey
Was going to say similar. These two are captains who fight for the team, not captains who need to be the big I am and that’s why they work great together.

We also know right now that when Pickford is back and takes the armband Coady will still be exactly the same as he was today because he wants the best for the team, not just the best for himself.

Wolves are absolutely mad. Them 2 yard dogs they have at the back yet they let this boy go and for so little. I'd be raging if I was one of their fans

Such a good defender and arguably one of the most underrated as well considering the amount of cryarses complaining about his inclusion in the England squad. He 100% deserves to be there

You're never supposed to fall in love with a loan player but I can't help but smile watching him play. Activating his buy option should be our first action next summer.

Really calm presence at the back! I initial thought Coady made a mistake and almost slice in an own goal but when I saw the replay, he was never really troubled. Huge difference from M.Keane, who probably would've scored an own goal in that situation.

Coady has mistakes and I thought he didn't really dealt with Antonio well at times - but you defend as a unit and this team is looking more like a unit.

We have not seen such solid defending for a long time now so I guess we might get a little carried away (overrate slightly) with our defenders and we are allowed to!

Status
Not open for further replies.