2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a turnaround. However, now that he is full of confidence I would be interested to see if there is an opportunity to improve the team further by moving Iwobi further forward like we did late in the game today. That could enable us to get Garner in the team so we would have someone to take a corner. Once DCL is back we will have great aerial presence at set pieces so not having a consistent delivery for them would be very frustrating. Also Gordon and Gray are very inconsistent as wide forwards and Iwobi would provide better cover to the fullback

That being said it would be brave to break up something that appears to be working

In talks over a new deal.

never in a million years did i think that would be at all likely two years ago.
We should definitely be offering him a contract as his current form will have other clubs sniffing around for sure. But at the same time we should remember that his performances in previous seasons have fallen well short of justifying his current salary and we shouldn't be suckered into a massive wage rise as a result of one good burst of form, when really what he's doing is finally justifying the current salary.

What a turnaround. However, now that he is full of confidence I would be interested to see if there is an opportunity to improve the team further by moving Iwobi further forward like we did late in the game today. That could enable us to get Garner in the team so we would have someone to take a corner. Once Dominic Calvert-Lewin is back we will have great aerial presence at set pieces so not having a consistent delivery for them would be very frustrating. Also Gordon and Gray are very inconsistent as wide forwards and Iwobi would provide better cover to the fullback

That being said it would be brave to break up something that appears to be working
Interesting idea. It’s annoying we have so many players who are better off from the left ( gray, Gordon and Iwobi if played forward is much better on the left than on the right) and so few for the right hand side. Would an Iwobi - dcl - McNeil or Iwobi - dcl - Maupay give us a more joined up attack? Gordon and gray are quick but too selfish

What a turnaround. However, now that he is full of confidence I would be interested to see if there is an opportunity to improve the team further by moving Iwobi further forward like we did late in the game today. That could enable us to get Garner in the team so we would have someone to take a corner. Once Dominic Calvert-Lewin is back we will have great aerial presence at set pieces so not having a consistent delivery for them would be very frustrating. Also Gordon and Gray are very inconsistent as wide forwards and Iwobi would provide better cover to the fullback

He's one of the players who suffered in the past as you can almost write off the tactics, mentoring and management of players in the last 2 years, but during that time it didn't really work with him as wide forward did it, because his running forward had no end product? Now, it seems perfect, and I hope they've all settled on his position. What if Onana and Iwobi were floating / taking turns at no.10 and DCL + One are up front? like a 4-3-1-2? Whatever it is we definitely need more creativity , forward running and support for the striker, especially as Gordon and Gray are not yet consistent enough, and not yet working in harmony.

Interesting idea. It’s annoying we have so many players who are better off from the left ( gray, Gordon and Iwobi if played forward is much better on the left than on the right) and so few for the right hand side. Would an Iwobi - Dominic Calvert-Lewin - McNeil or Iwobi - Dominic Calvert-Lewin - Maupay give us a more joined up attack? Gordon and gray are quick but too selfish

I think 1 of Gordon or Gray will always need to start to give us the speed

He's one of the players who suffered in the past as you can almost write off the tactics, mentoring and management of players in the last 2 years, but during that time it didn't really work with him as wide forward did it, because his running forward had no end product? Now, it seems perfect, and I hope they've all settled on his position. What if Onana and Iwobi were floating / taking turns at no.10 and Dominic Calvert-Lewin + One are up front? like a 4-3-1-2? Whatever it is we definitely need more creativity , forward running and support for the striker, especially as Gordon and Gray are not yet consistent enough, and not yet working in harmony.

Interesting idea. Could work

Status
Not open for further replies.