2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has a lot of potential, there was a very clever pass to Iwobi in the second half (which ended with Gordon’s offside) and he made some great passes last season, too. Just hope he’ll do it more often. Probably just needs more confidence

Signed as a defender, employed as a defender, excelling as a defender... no need for any buts.
Clearly, he's going to be one of this season's unsung heroes.
I get your point but if we are playing with 3 defensively sound midfielders (which we did today) we will need something offensively from our fullbacks.

I'm hopeful myko can do that but will ultimately need a bit more from him.

Excellent defensively but still not great going forwards
With Patterson going forward so well I'd honestly prefer it this way to be honest. He's a good defender and can drop in next to Coady and Tarkowski when needed, he's also very raw. Playing in a team like ours which will hopefully gradually build our attacking output throughout the team will help him to no end, he's very raw but he's also still very new to this league and overall system. I don't think he'll ever be as good as Digne going forward but he might be, what I will say though he's already better than Digne at the back and I was a huge supporter of him when he was here.

If Patterson can become a very good attacking full back, which he seemingly is on the path to being, I have no issues at all with Myko becoming a very good defensive full back, suits us better in my opinion. If we wanted a good attacking full back we'd be playing Vinagre, he'll probably come in if Coleman does as there'll be a bit of a role reversal then. Myko will be a good player for us for years to come I would imagine, he's on his way there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.