New Everton Stadium Discussion

Matey this is literally my day job. Any client with such a public profile as EFC will - or should have - all sorts of stipulations in there with regard treatment of subbies and any hint of negative PR
Not followed the demo story much but are you saying the employees/subs are being mistreated or let down over wages etc at Bradley Moore Dock?
If so then EFC should be all over this imo.

If they are demonstrating over some historic mistreatment on other sites then fine, let them continue as long as they don’t interfere with BMD construction/employees or suppliers. It’s their right.
But if so it’s nowt to do with EFC and all enquiries should be directed to LOR’s head office.

Matey this is literally my day job. Any client with such a public profile as EFC will - or should have - all sorts of stipulations in there with regard treatment of subbies and any hint of negative PR
Really? Pretty sure this will be done under a standard JTC Major Construction agreement, there are fundamental assumptions that all statutory requirements are met, which I suspect LoR are meeting. If they weren’t I expect there would have been more made of these protests.
I’d be very surprised if there were non standard T&C’s regarding negative PR etc.
That said any thing that brings the club (or any client / employer) into disrepute would be covered in that, so I guess it depends on the reality of Unites grievances.

They dont have to be there all the time. Let's hope some progress has been made with the club on this and it's sorted out.

This wont go away.

They do Dave that's the point of a picket line, btw since you're now so heavily invested in this i expect you to join the picket line to show your support at the front line. P.S can you wear your Orange Cat helmet Dave, so we know you're there, you can stand next to Ross Barkley, the giant Rat, so we don't have to strain our eyes looking for you. Thanks in advance.

They do Dave that's the point of a picket line, btw since you're now so heavily invested in this i expect you to join the picket line to show your support at the front line. P.S can you wear your Orange Cat helmet Dave, so we know you're there, you can stand next to Ross Barkley, the giant Rat, so we don't have to strain our eyes looking for you. Thanks in advance.
You really dont though. This isn't Orgreave and the 1980s.

Unions know how to build momentum / support and how to make the optics look terrible for employers and their clients.

Technically Unite were holding a 'protest' outside Bramley Moore. There was no picket. i.e. they were not asking workers not to enter the site. (as far as I'm aware)

You really dont though. This isn't Orgreave and the 1980s.

Unions know how to build momentum / support and how to make the optics look terrible for employers and their clients.

No you really do, you can not look half arsed about it, not all of you, some of you, but all the time it's place is open, I done this in the late 70's with the wife ! For just over a year on a picket line together. You'll probably scoff but it is what it is.

I genuinely don't.
Larry Bowles, spokesperson for the Unite 0541 construction branch: "The branch staged its second demonstration at the Bramley Moore Everton stadium construction site. As yet Laing O'Rourke is not willing to engage Unite the Union with having a presence on this site although they have said the union could be present at site inductions.

"This does not represent a union on site. Unite is willing to work as usual with the contractor in a harmonious spirit of industrial relations. The rank and file members of our union would not only seek national agreements, direct labour and of course union recognised safety representatives.

"The stadium is not too distant from some of the most impoverished parts of the region so our members want as many apprentices on this site and other sites in the region to address the skills shortage in the construction industry. Our quote is to get the youth off the streets and onto the sites. We will campaign to improve the working lives of our member and will not rule out other areas of protest."

Now the concrete steps are on you really can see the scale of it.

That South stand... Guaranteed everyone will be going on about it when we open the doors

No-one one really goes on about the huge stand behind the goal at spurs... That's because despite having huge numbers, they don't have anything near the energy we have. Tens of thousands, but collectively a bit mediocre.

I don't think the street end gets enough recognition nationally compared to being in the stand. Maybe the way it's built with the overhanging bit, but the seething, boiling pit of anger within would be amplified ten -fold in a stand like that

I saw the other ground stand development at the moment when I was watching one of the drone guys video's who also film the other ground. I must admit
the stand does look impressive. Shame what they've done to Anfield Rd to get it like that completely blitzed the road.