2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets in, Gray, Gordon and Maupey, who can we drop from him?
Gray or Gordon. Only one of them gets in unless they become more regular goal scorers.
Dependant on DCL getting and staying fit, which seems to be difficult at the moment

He displayed a lovely touch today and kept their defenders on their toes.

….yep, he always has a good touch, often gets away from tight situations when you don’t expect.

My concern is, he played well at the start of last season (and apparently the season before) before quickly falling away. A phrase that is often used for racehorses; ‘this is his time of year’.

So want this lad to do well, but he holds onto it too longs and the timing of his runs are so hit and miss. He is a speed merchant, should be frightening opposition defenders to death with his pace, little balls over the top and splitting defenders are what he needs and we just don't see to have an Arteta type to see the pass early and get in sync with him. Could score a lot for us with the right creative player feeding him

One greedy, greedy get who looks like he's more concerned about his own individual success than a collective team success. If he hasn't done so by now, he'll never learn to favour a simple effective pass over a head-down run into three defenders. Can be a real handful on his day, but doesn't seem like he can put a decent run of effective games together. Definitely a sub who can impact a game if his head is right, however, as he's shown he is capable of scoring and impacting a game.

He is better than most of our recent wingers although I’m sure plenty will say differently. Like Gordon he is fantastic at getting us out in transition and actually gives us a chance to successfully counter attack. We have to get Dom back though or we are basically aiming for the back of the opposing defenders head and hoping they will accidentally knock it into their own net.

The gentle stroll back after scoring v Forest is still pee ing me off. He's an asset but so annoying at times.

One greedy, greedy get who looks like he's more concerned about his own individual success than a collective team success. If he hasn't done so by now, he'll never learn to favour a simple effective pass over a head-down run into three defenders. Can be a real handful on his day, but doesn't seem like he can put a decent run of effective games together. Definitely a sub who can impact a game if his head is right, however, as he's shown he is capable of scoring and impacting a game.
What an utter fecking dullard you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.