Doucs - Iwobi
Gordon - Dom - Richy
After the window :

Pickford
Patterson - Coady - Tarks - Myko
Gana
Onana - Iwobi
Gray - Dom - Gordon
I think those teams would play out a 0-0 draw.
Last season when we still had Digne no one would have picked Iwobi. And if he was picked it would be an an ineffective winger. It would have been Gomes or Tom.

Last season it would have been Keane not Holgate as most people wanted to show Holgate the door.

This years team is light years ahead of last years. IMO

Have to look to Brighton as an example. I know people will say we now have their unwanted player in Maupay but they are not and never have been free scoring and have Welbeck leading their attack. Need to get some clean sheets in the bag and use the defence and midfield as a platform, something we could not have done last season.

Have to look to Brighton as an example. I know people will say we now have their unwanted player in Maupay but they are not and never have been free scoring and have Welbeck leading their attack. Need to get some clean sheets in the bag and use the defence and midfield as a platform, something we could not have done last season.

Not sure they wanted rid of Maupay mate, it was his contract that was problematic. Agree in the main though and was thinking it earlier.

They are clever Brighton, they signed Billy Gilmour for next to nothing to, very clever.

Brighton wanted to re-up, he wanted out, so they sold with a year left. He walked out the door with a fourth to a fifth of their goals every season. It would be madness for them to bin him off voluntarily.

Not sure they wanted rid of Maupay mate, it was his contract that was problematic. Agree in the main though and was thinking it earlier.

They are clever Brighton, they signed Billy Gilmour for next to nothing to, very clever.
Everton and Brighton doing United and Chelsea dirty, and Forest buying a whole team. World's upside down, this transfer window.

I agree on the Gilmour front. I actually think he’s a quality player in the right setup.

We did get Gana & Garner for 10m combined which is peanuts in todays game. One is still our best tackler and could be a Barry type signing, the other was in the Champs team of the season so judging on last seasons performance alone is streets ahead of the pocket sized Scot.

But yeah I’m sure people here have lauded brightons recruitment plans and simultaneously knocked Gilmour as dreadful… well one of those is going to be proved wrong this year - I don’t think it’ll be Brighton's recruitment

I agree on the Gilmour front. I actually think he’s a quality player in the right setup.

We did get Gana & Garner for 10m combined which is peanuts in todays game. One is still our best tackler and could be a Barry type signing, the other was in the Champs team of the season so judging on last seasons performance alone is streets ahead of the pocket sized Scot.

But yeah I’m sure people here have lauded brightons recruitment plans and simultaneously knocked Gilmour as dreadful… well one of those is going to be proved wrong this year - I don’t think it’ll be Brighton's recruitment
If Brighton loses on that signing, it won't be much. Potential upside is massive. Garner and Gilmour at those prices are complete no-brainers. Doesn't matter whether you need someone in the position or not. You pick up the asset, strike a Heisman pose and run away as fast as you can before they figure out they got robbed.

Turkey League transfer deadline 8 Sept
Greece League transfer deadline 15 Sept
Portugal League transfer deadline 22 Sept

Are we going to get rid of more players or just keep them for depth?

Turkey League transfer deadline 8 Sept
Greece League transfer deadline 15 Sept
Portugal League transfer deadline 22 Sept

Are we going to get rid of more players or just keep them for depth?
We might bin off Rondon to Turkey or Greece on loan for partial wages if someone will take him. I can imagine a world where we send Allan to Portugal, but I suspect we keep him on. Not like we haven't had three or four mids out at one time in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.