Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season we conceded 66 goals .
Scored 43. If we score similar this season which we probably will but concede around 15 less which is possible with the signings made from midfield back then we should get at least 8/10 points more..not ideal but be fine
Yeah it won't be pretty but should be okay over the season. Will definitely have to invest in a couple of attackers in January, which is not ideal.......let's hope we keep things steady before then

I think the big question, and I dont say this to slaughter him as I like him, but the big question is why spend funds on McNeil.

I can kind of see the Coady/Tarkowski thing, especially in light of the 2 injuries we got. The McNeil thing is odd though, I'd have got either a wide forward, or a striker in before McNeil.

I can only think we put all eggs in the Broja basket.

I think the attack was sacrificed to rebuild the defence and midfield. Richy's fee paid for that.

We'd have invested in a forward line earlier and better if we did. Gordon would've boosted a chance of getting better forward players in if he was sold. He wasn't.

I mean...not even a loan and the only 2 players we briefly looked at was Pedro from Watford and Diaz at Blackburn. That's not investing in forward players

Coady Tarks
Gana
Onana Iwobi

Core is so much better, hats off for that... but zero excuse to no strengthen with goals and one more player I feel could had changed this team completely.

McNeil, Vinagre and possibly Maupay signings are underwhelming. The other 5 though are excellent. Joao Pedro was the one that would have made the window. No hiding the fact we are going to struggle with goals and therefore we are scrapping for survival. NSNO is a bit away yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.