Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people acting like we didn’t sign Maupay the other day? Yeah it would’ve been nice to get another forward in but it’s not the end of the world that some are making it out to be.

Literally any forward we were planning on bringing in today was not a starter, that was never the plan. We’re not relying on Calvert Lewin by himself, Maupay, Gray and Gordon should quite comfrtoably be aiming for at least 6 goals each this season, plus whatever Calvert Lewin will get.

I swear some of you on here would prefer us to fail just so you could say “I told you so”. Club has made massive progress this summer in the market and if people try to act like Richarlison was some mythical being that can’t be replaced despite only scoring 2 more than Maupay last year then that’s up to you to cry about. Look at it this way, Maupay and McNeil or Richarlison and Rondon, becuase that’s basically what we’ve done, I think we’re better off now.

We’ll be absolutely fine. Last season we had a good goalkeeper, alright wingers and a good striker. Even if you say Maupay is the “starting” striker which he isn’t, he’s a downgrade, aside from Pickford literally every other area of the team has improved, massively in most places. If you can’t or won’t see that then you’re ignorant.

Our best 11 is better in a good 5-7 positions than is was last year and worse in just one. That’s progress.
Perfectly Said...

There are guys on here who's absolute agenda is for us to be relegated...

Absolutely agreed, but if we started any of those games with the squad as it is right now (I’m including Garner), don’t you think it’s possible we could have conjured up those goals through collective improvements?
Yes I think we will get better but not addressing DCL getting injured along with Simms and Dobbin going out was ridiculous and while I like Maupay still think we need more cover in that area and maybe even a better option

We're one signing away from having a really good window and that's the winger/forward position that Richy filled previously.

Unfortunately we've left a small chance that Rondon still has to play for us and iwobi might need to move back out wide in some games.

Club still hasn’t figured out how to get him registered. Oh and he’s also pretty uninspiring so it’s natural for folks to want someone else in as well.
How’s he uninspiring? He’s literally our best backup striker in a decade or more. I can’t remember the last time we had 2 strikers that could actually push for 10 goals each a season. Obviously Richarlison played up front when Dom was out but you know what I mean. Maupay is an excellent signing for a different option to Calvert Lewin.

Status
Not open for further replies.