Homepage Update: Lamps will light the way…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article that, mate.

Lámpard is young, intelligent and in touch with the modern game. We are all impatient because we've been waiting a long time. He's only just arrived and has had to start from scratch. Already the defence is much better. We have recruited players used to the Premier League rather than mercenary foreigners. We all know we need a striker. Maybe two. I expect lots of deals on August 31. Everyone is currently playing poker trying to get the best prices they can. I think we'll be ok but it'll be gradual. A league win is nect

His form picked up under Benitez, Franks just be fitting from his man management and confidence building.

Lámpard is young, intelligent and in touch with the modern game. We are all impatient because we've been waiting a long time. He's only just arrived and has had to start from scratch. Already the defence is much better. We have recruited players used to the Premier League rather than mercenary foreigners. We all know we need a striker. Maybe two. I expect lots of deals on August 31. Everyone is currently playing poker trying to get the best prices they can. I think we'll be ok but it'll be gradual. A league win is nect
The mention of Arteta in the article was interesting. Tempting to compare them because they’re of a similar age, but Arteta seems to be very tactically astute and able to implement a long term vision. If Lampard is to succeed here he really needs to play on his obvious man management and motivational skills.

Tactically he already seems a bit lost at times. Lots of mentions of adaptability and changing formation but haven’t seen it yet. I suppose so much will depend on who we manage to get in over the next few days.

I’ve been down on Lampard of late but I enjoyed that article mate.

After the FSW, Frank has been a breath of fresh air - he just needs backing now but I don’t trust Bill and the old boys network to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.