2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Mrs must love arguments with you. That's pedantry and pettiness on a whole new level.
Don't normally bother with stuff like that, but when somebody else, especially an established poster whom I normally agree with and get on well with, feels the need to shoot me down based on nothing more than a guess, I'll put the effort in ? It took about 5 minutes by the way...

You might not be a regular around here, but you'll regularly see people trawl through years of data to prove a point, so I'm not sure if you've just woken up on the wrong side of the bed to be so opinionated on something that really shouldn't affect you enough to need to comment. Hope your day gets better x

For the love of god, please have decent people lined up if we agree to the sale.

Be arsed selling him then waiting to deadline day before we pay £90m for Harry Winks s as md Scott McTominay
They’re panicking already mate. Haven’t a clue who the want/need and like you say it will be the last day bargain basement buys.

Sky sports, 60 Inc add ons
Thanks

I just hope this gets done soon if it's going to happen. Club needs to get a move on so they can reinvest.

Do I want to sell Tony Gordon? Absolutely not

Can we afford to turn down a bid of around 55-60 million? Probably not

Grim times

It’s crazy money but we’re going to have to shell out crazy money this late in the window for targets.

Might loosen the belt with negotiating with the premier league of what we can and can’t spend but this needs sorting now.

Thanks

I just hope this gets done soon if it's going to happen. Club needs to get a move on so they can reinvest.

Do I want to sell Tony Gordon? Absolutely not

Can we afford to turn down a bid of around 55-60 million? Probably not

Grim times
£60million cash is too good for the club to turn down at the minute. Just have to hope the money is reinvested wisely, which is a long shot.

It’s crazy money but we’re going to have to shell out crazy money this late in the window for targets.

Might loosen the belt with negotiating with the premier league of what we can and can’t spend but this needs sorting now.

We are going to be absolutely fleeced by other clubs, and it's our own fault. I don't see how we will have a good position in negotiating deals for new players.

But a £60m profit on a home grown player completely changes our financial position. I don't think we'd have to negotiate anything with the PL. We'd be allowed to spend it all, and probably a little bit more with the way amortisation works over several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.