The board and weaponised branding?

Is the club weaponising branding against the fans?

• Yes, the board do not care about our history and are weaponising branding against the fans

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Yes, but it's not deliberate it's just incompetence

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Maybe, but nothing stands still

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • No, the badge has always evolved

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • No, I like the new badge and the club's bold commitment to change

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • I think the badge should be changed to cheese on toast

Votes: 21 19.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the kit first leaked I dismissed it as, I figured the club wouldn't bastardise the logo. The club was very clear regarding their motivations for the crest rebrand a few years back. Changing it on the kit flies in the face of that. Outside the North West, very few people will know that third kit is Everton.

I think people are overthinking it though, I think it's as simple as going for novelty to try and sell a few more of the third kit. The club would never dream of removing the logo on the home or away kit...

I saw it and thought it was pretty cool to be honest. It’s a one off shirt which will hardly be worn on the pitch.

Find all the outrage and hand wringing about this to be a bit odd really.
The middle of the road polling would suggest most are indifferent/don't care, but I think there will be some strong opinions that could influence that.

I like the idea of the third kit having a different badge and would even go as far as saying that the third kit could become a 'pilot kit' in which designers come up with new and interesting design ideas outside of traditional norms. If the objective of the third kit is to help maximise revenue through merchandising channels, then making the third kit as an annual 'collectable' could entice people to buy two kits instead of one.

Some may think this is exploitative, I happen to think it's a great, innovative idea. Wouldn't want us to become the Blackberry of the footballing world.

When the kit first leaked I dismissed it as, I figured the club wouldn't bastardise the logo. The club was very clear regarding their motivations for the crest rebrand a few years back. Changing it on the kit flies in the face of that. Outside the North West, very few people will know that third kit is Everton.

I think people are overthinking it though, I think it's as simple as going for novelty to try and sell a few more of the third kit. The club would never dream of removing the logo on the home or away kit...
Does anybody care who's kit it is anyway realistically?

I struggle to see an instance were it would really matter. If it's on telly then the team names are on the screen. other than that you just have someone randomly wearing the shirt in a place that doesn't know English football?

I think a lot of rebranding especially when it comes to football clubs is pretty worthless.

Our best way to rebrand is to actually be good and win stuff.

I like the idea of the third kit having a different badge and would even go as far as saying that the third kit could become a 'pilot kit' in which designers come up with new and interesting design ideas outside of traditional norms. If the objective of the third kit is to help maximise revenue through merchandising channels, then making the third kit as an annual 'collectable' could entice people to buy two kits instead of one.

Some may think this is exploitative, I happen to think it's a great, innovative idea. Wouldn't want us to become the Blackberry of the footballing world.
Something to this...Dele, DCL, Tom as guest designers?

Status
Not open for further replies.