Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd deffo take Gana on loan. I'd take him on a permanent for a nominal fee, like £2m or something. But £8m is really close to too much UNLESS he's happy to sign for about £60k per week (£3m per year).
From what I can work out Gana is happy to sign on for a low wage BUT he wan't PSG to pay the difference in a severance package... which is the hold up.

I'd be happier with a loan tbh... we've got enough experience of Turkish clubs doing us over on permaloans, it's about time we put our experiences to use.

Yeah it would. I think there's a couple of issues with assuming we could do that again though, one is the fact we no longer have a number of the players who were most likely to produce a moment of magic to get us those rare goals, and the other is that there is a crowd in now, and just sitting back at Goodison will not go down well with them. Whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant really, it's just a fact.

We're not going to be the most entertaining and attacking side in the league which is fine, but I still think the balance is way off at the moment. One or two additions and the side will look as good it has for a while, but at the moment I still feel like it's very much in bottom 6 territory.
I agree that we're not over the line yet. It's going to be much harder to net with no Richarlison and DCL out, which we only suffered through for the one fixture IIRC. (I believe we had one or the other for most of the second half.)

It will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts to parking the bus, countering and playing for set pieces, because that has to be the plan. We will quickly learn just how much goodwill Lampard has built up if things do not go well. We are probably going to bleed some points over the next five fixtures as punishment for gambling on DCL staying healthy.

At the same time, I feel that the King, Rondon and el Ghazi (yes, I know he is a winger) moves all show the bankruptcy of quick fix attempts up top. We need an actual solution, striker is just an incredibly difficult position to fill before the end of a window without throwing big bucks at the problem, and other clubs' attempts to plug that hole with a converted winger have tended to work about as well as throwing Gordon out there and hoping for the best.

We are about to go into another meaningful league match without a capable centre forward.

What's the excuse this week?

The narrative around our business makes no sense to me so far. Things might change but at the minute, the squad is weaker and has no goals whatsoever. People must be very easily pleased.
Can't speak for anybody else but I personally am delighted with what we have done with the defence and midfield, and disappointed with our endeavours on the attacking front. Overall I'm pleased with the window so far which exceeds my expectations for this stage.

I do believe we are trying our hardest to bring in a striker and will do so, maybe even 2, by the end of the window. Personally, I would prefer to bring in the right player rather than just anybody based on getting the deal done this week. Just getting an upgrade on Rondon is a very low bar.

Last season we had problems both offensively and defensively, and it's debatable which should have been sorted first. Had we concentrated on the attack, people would have been complaining that we've left ourselves short in defence after injuries to Mina and Godfrey .

I totally disagree that our squad is worse than last years. The attack is for sure, but we are so much better in defence and midfield, have a better balance and the personnel to play different systems without playing players out of position. Apart from up front of course, but I expect that to change in the next few weeks. Two attacking players of the right quality will give us a better selection of forwards than last season.

Yes it would be great to have them in already, but the league has never been won or lost in August. Just look at last season as an example.

Can't speak for anybody else but I personally am delighted with what we have done with the defence and midfield, and disappointed with our endeavours on the attacking front. Overall I'm pleased with the window so far which exceeds my expectations for this stage.

I do believe we are trying our hardest to bring in a striker and will do so, maybe even 2, by the end of the window. Personally, I would prefer to bring in the right player rather than just anybody based on getting the deal done this week. Just getting an upgrade on Rondon is a very low bar.

Last season we had problems both offensively and defensively, and it's debatable which should have been sorted first. Had we concentrated on the attack, people would have been complaining that we've left ourselves short in defence after injuries to Mina and Godfrey .

I totally disagree that our squad is worse than last years. The attack is for sure, but we are so much better in defence and midfield, have a better balance and the personnel to play different systems without playing players out of position. Apart from up front of course, but I expect that to change in the next few weeks. Two attacking players of the right quality will give us a better selection of forwards than last season.

Yes it would be great to have them in already, but the league has never been won or lost in August. Just look at last season as an example.

Playing devil's advocate, there is a pretty good argument that our decent start in August is the main reason we survived last season.

I don't see how you can say this is a balanced squad when we had absolutely no forward options last week, and now just have Rondon for the foreseeable, until if/when we make additions. That's the definition of an unbalance squad for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.