2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he's here until at least the January window due to injuries.

I don't hate him, but I'll be 'meh' when he eventually leaves. Blows so hot and cold I never feel confident with him because you just don't know what we'll get from him.

Mina will be the same, far better defender but so prone to injury. Both probably need shuffling on and a couple of genuine younger prospects brought in.

How does a two-month break from football earn someone a clean slate for being rubbish for the last three seasons? By that logic you'd offer Tosun a new contract!
I think Keane is such a confidence player, when he is up he isnt actually that bad, but when his head is down, he is criminally poor. It we can seel him I would, but if we cant, sat between two talkers like Tarks and Coady, I think he will be fine, ditto Holgate. Keane needs someone alongside him bigging him up if he makes a mistake, Holgate needs someone constantly telling him to keep it simple.

I think Keane is such a confidence player, when he is up he isnt actually that bad, but when his head is down, he is criminally poor. It we can seel him I would, but if we cant, sat between two talkers like Tarks and Coady, I think he will be fine, ditto Holgate. Keane needs someone alongside him bigging him up if he makes a mistake, Holgate needs someone constantly telling him to keep it simple.
Good post that, and very true

That says it all about Michael Keane, at twenty nine years of age he still needs someone to hold his hand.

You’d think with Coady being added, we’d have been looking to sell one of our centre backs. Six is too much where there are big gaps in the squad, particularly the forward line.

I thought Mina was nailed on to be sold this summer, letting him sit on the treatment table picking up £100+ k for a season just to leave for free doesn’t make much sense. Maybe Keane was the one Frank was planning on selling though - reckon with the injuries he’ll stay now until January at least.

Keane, Cody, Tarkowski if we’re playing a back three is solid and all of them are good in the air - our defensive set piece record should improve massively. Think Keane’ll be fine with proper centre backs around him and proper protection from midfield.

Just forward line to worry about now.

I think think I would rather him to Holgate who is a complete and utter fraud, I mean keane can pass at the very least as can Tark and Coady, Ideally I would have none but it looks like we are going to be stuck with one with Mina and Godfrey out

Yup. His biggest flaw is himself. He’s mentally weak and I don’t see him ever overcoming that obstacle.

Taxi for Lego head

Yup. His biggest flaw is himself. He’s mentally weak and I don’t see him ever overcoming that obstacle.

Taxi for Lego head
You say he is mentally weak then call him lego head, that's the problem right there, it's not the player, it's the poor unsupportive fan base.
This isn't exclusive to Keane though, look at Pickford, hasn't put a foot wrong for England, but I doubt the Barmy Army are as anti there team as some of us are

Think he's here until at least the January window due to injuries.

I don't hate him, but I'll be 'meh' when he eventually leaves. Blows so hot and cold I never feel confident with him because you just don't know what we'll get from him.

Mina will be the same, far better defender but so prone to injury. Both probably need shuffling on and a couple of genuine younger prospects brought in.
Keane has more decent games than bad ones. But he's prone to brainfart errors and own goals, and when that happens his head drops and he becomes a liability.

With Myko being able to play in a back 3, and Godfrey not being out for as long as originally expected, I think we have enough options at the back and should accept if anybody offers half decent money for him. A few clubs are looking for central defenders.

If he did stay he could be an option up top off the bench if we're chasing games late on. His 50p head makes his headers hard to read and he is actually a very clean striker of the ball as he's shown in the training videos.

Actually a concern for me at the moment with Mina and Godfrey out, is that we have a small back 3 and a small keeper. I could see Keane being shoehorned in there for some height.

I think think I would rather him to Holgate who is a complete and utter fraud, I mean keane can pass at the very least as can Tark and Coady, Ideally I would have none but it looks like we are going to be stuck with one with Mina and Godfrey out
The one thing holgate does have that Tarkovski and Coady do not is pace? They might actually make a good back three? If he has Coady on one side telling him when to stick or twist and Tarkovski on the other, I believe they could compliment each other well. All three good in the air too?

Status
Not open for further replies.