Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he the only centre half in the world that can only play in a back 5?

Does he crumble to pieces in a back 4?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't crumble, just lacks the pace needed. Sitting in the middle of a back 5, he is able to organise, and cut out anything that gets past the players in front of him. Make no mistake, he will organise your defence, he will not let them sleep, and can play some brilliant long balls out from defence. If it is a loan with option to buy, I would be surprised if the option wasn't taken to keep him. as long as you play with a back 5.
Would you say he's been played as a sweeper?

Even in a back three he always seems off the back of it.

The long passing marks him out as a Libero...which for a Kopite wool makes him sound a bit grand, I grant you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He does play as a sweeper, that is his role, organise the back line and tidy up anything that gets past. Seriously, if you want someone to lead and the back line, they don't come much better than Coady. He will make sure everyone knows their position, and will be quite vocal in making sure they do. He can play some superb long passes, and is a cracking guy to have in the changing room. Coady is exactly the player to sort out a defence.

So we are accepting kopites all of a sudden?

The hateful half dozen plus 2 have no scruples.
Well I suppose one is a fat mess, who is arrogant, divisive, long past he sell by date, who causes turmoil everywhere he goes and disrespected the club, for which he has never apologized, the other one is Coady. That could explain the fact that people are more wiling to accept him.

I've seen lots of redskins come to Everton over the years, provided they were 100% committed to Everton whilst they were here, I've had no problem with them.

Ones a Spaniard who did a gig across the park for a while. Ones a scouse red 'LA' kopite in the blood. And he's getting fellated by the scrupless 8. Fella would Nick Barmby across the park in Jan if they called.
Well, I've a feeling Coady may end up the new Phil Neville- never quite accepted or viewed with suspicion on some quarters for being a 'Manc'.

Going off topic, put yer flipping nunchucks away yer crazy Ninja. Never ends well...

Well, I've a feeling Coady may end up the new Phil Neville- never quite accepted or viewed with suspicion on some quarters for being a 'Manc'.

Going off topic, put yer flipping nunchucks away yer crazy Ninja. Never ends well...
He's pure roasted us with top bantz in his little Kopite WhatsApp group n all hasn't he.

Benitez probably still uses a Nokia3210

Is he the only centre half in the world that can only play in a back 5?

Does he crumble to pieces in a back 4?
No, he is easily good enough to play in a 4, it’s just that he happened to be in a team that played a 3.
I’m confident he’s better than Keane, Godfrey, Holgate and probably Mina in a back 2,3,4,5.

Status
Not open for further replies.