Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago we were awash with rubbish number 10's
Now we don't have any
Or any strikers
So if we don't have any strrikers we don't need a number 10

We’ve got Dele and Lamps hasn’t set up with a number 10 once

We don’t have the personnel at the moment, I’m sure Frank would prefer us to play with a midfield 3 and a number 10, like MGW, but when we tried to play 433 last season we often got found out because CM’s and CB’s were not good enough, and we have gone to a 523 to combat that. I think if we can add onana and Gana we could play a midfield 3 and give someone like Iwobi, Dele or Gordon a number 10 role.
Yeah good points I was musing that we lack that creativity but hopefully with a solid base we might see more of it. We can't do everything this window and a forward would give the others room..

Probably, only watched that vid and he loves to drift inside.

I think we can agree hes not a number 9 tho.

still palyed about 50 games as a centre forward according to Transfermakt. And height 1.85 so seems tall as well
i also watched him on YouTube seems exactly the type of player profile we need to bring in, plus Batshuyai on loan as back up

I think we should have had a rebate on Sig myself after his endeavours, maybe even the fee added back to our books seen as his role at the club was untenable

Nuts that transfer 40m when you've just got Lingz and are definitely getting relegated this season. Meanwhile MGW guarantees himself a couple years in the championship

Status
Not open for further replies.