Dave Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the very definition of "club legend". Perhaps not possessing of the quality to make a wider mark at international level, but most certainly a great for Everton in teams at the top and bottom of the table. A genuine Everton great - league champion, cup winner, relegation escapologist.
Proper "row Z"centre back too?

o-captain-captain-my-captain.gif

Legend

Great captain and leader. Would have ran through walls for Everton.

The exact opposite of Mina
Totally unfair and simplistic comment on Mina to be honest.
He was desperate to get back on the pitch yesterday despite being obviously injured(the incident happened directly in front of me yesterday and I had an excellent view of the proceedings.
Mina is clearly injury prone but he is not lacking commitment to Everton.
Everton legend was Watson ( but I preferred Mountfield and was gutted when Watson replaced him.

Cracking player.

Wasn't he caretaker player manager for a spell after Joe Royle went mid season? Probably should've given him the job rather than tempting Howard back for one more spell given how awful 97/98 turned out to be.

Mind you don't think management worked out for him at Tranmere so maybe not.
Yep he was.

One of my favourite Everton players of all time. Great defender, dangerous in both penalty areas and scored some crucial goals.

I absolutely loved him and I'd say probably my favourite Everton captains

Was reading his bio at the Chelsea game that adorns the interior of the main stand and it said he scored 37 goals. I instantly thought what wouldn't we give for our attacking midfielders to score 37 across their Everton career!

Status
Not open for further replies.