Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably, only watched that vid and he loves to drift inside.

I think we can agree hes not a number 9 tho.

Looks a world beater in that video. Skeptical though he could replicate it in the Prem due to the massive leap from Ligue 1 but also due to our unfortunate history scouting there. Bit of Miralles about him maybe based on that video alone.

You'd think Lamps would like a number ten type player too he loved Mount and he understands that position hmself, unless he thinks Gordon can grow into that or Onana will really be the one to push In from deeper. I guess its hard to get everything in one window. With a genuine striker we will be fine.

We’ve got Dele and Lamps hasn’t set up with a number 10 once

Of course we do.

But if we don't (which I do think we will) I can honestly say we won't be in a relegation scrap this season with the business we've already done IMO.

And from that POV I'll be happy.
We would do very well not to be in a relegation scrap without another forward. Maybe if DCL comes back and is properly fit and firing for the rest of the season but if he misses more games or takes a while to get up to speed I just don’t see where the goals come from. Momentum is massive in football too, we need to get some decent results on the board in these first 4/5 games or things can turn very bad very quickly.

You'd think Lamps would like a number ten type player too he loved Mount and he understands that position hmself, unless he thinks Gordon can grow into that or Onana will really be the one to push In from deeper. I guess its hard to get everything in one window. With a genuine striker we will be fine.

We don’t have the personnel at the moment, I’m sure Frank would prefer us to play with a midfield 3 and a number 10, like MGW, but when we tried to play 433 last season we often got found out because CM’s and CB’s were not good enough, and we have gone to a 523 to combat that. I think if we can add onana and Gana we could play a midfield 3 and give someone like Iwobi, Dele or Gordon a number 10 role.

We don’t have the personnel at the moment, I’m sure Frank would prefer us to play with a midfield 3 and a number 10, like MGW, but when we tried to play 433 last season we often got found out because CM’s and CB’s were not good enough, and we have gone to a 523 to combat that. I think if we can add onana and Gana we could play a midfield 3 and give someone like Iwobi, Dele or Gordon a number 10 role.
He has been transformed under Lampard.

Status
Not open for further replies.