Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simms isn’t premier league standard and Dobbin is a wide forward, which we are overloaded in

Dele will play upfront, would rather have him than an unknown or an ancient grock whom gets paid 150k per week

Quite confident Dele will make a great impact this season
But they are options that we now don't have . As you stated they are unknown and will remain so. One thing is for certain I'd rather those two unknowns than Rondon/nothing.

1659567254266.jpeg

Where we’re going we don’t need any Forwards.

I have absolutely no interest in transfers that aren't forwards right now. You need to score goals to stay up.
A stronger midfield and defence gives us a chance at getting results on the board, something we’ve cried out for for years. I still think we’re working on a striker as well, just who is the question

If we end up with gueye and onana I'd be very happy. Happier than I thought possible with midfield signings.

A forward still has to happen. Athletic said broja is still a target so I think a loan move is still on the cards. Chelsea haven't much depth at centre forward though, loaning him would leave havertz and Werner, who they seem to be actively trying to move on.

Lille signed him for 6m a year ago. THAT'S the business we should be doing. Don't get me wrong, I'm more excited by this than some journeyman but at close to 40m you want a sure thing not a gamble.
That business is a lot harder to do in the Prem. Lille can offer European football (CL last year) and a starting place. We offer competition for a place, or getting loaned back out to an unknown destination. This is not a hard call for the player or his agent at age 19.

I wholeheartedly agree that we need to be taking some risks on inexpensive young players, and that not doing that for years is what put us in our present fix. This prospective move is a lot more like throwing money at Kean than it is like throwing money at Iwobi or Gbamin, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.