• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing to consider is this, if we get Gueye and keep Allan, then playing both of them will mean that we shall no more have to face the terror of other teams marauding through the middle of the park. They will be forced out wide and when they are they will meet the equally unbeatable defensive force of young Patterson, and who ever is good enough to get the left back slot.

giphy.gif

Gana took a personal stand not to support LGBT+ rights whilst at PSG and to not play when his team and club needed him.

I'm happy to take a similar personal stand and to say that I don't want players who don't support LGBT+ rights, their team mates and their club.

I don't want Gana to return to our club.

Gana took a personal stand not to support LGBT+ rights whilst at PSG and to not play when his team and club needed him.

I'm happy to take a similar personal stand and to say that I don't want players who don't support LGBT+ rights, their team mates and their club.

I don't want Gana to return to our club.

Why are we putting footballers in such a position anyway? Far too much nonsense.

Imagine we sign him and he doesn't play for us in a game like he did at PSG because we are showing our support to all our LGBT fans and against discrimination

The shame it would bring on the club, the disrespect to all our LGBT fans

PSG are a club owned by bloody Qatar. There is no excuses . You can disagree silently but you are being paid millions to represent a club and organisations with certain values and that comes with the job.
Even leaving aside the issue of why and whether his signing is compatible with the club's values, we are talking about a guy who has apparently now refused to play two games for his club simply because of what they were wearing. Maybe at PSG not a major issue as they have a million alternatives but maybe we shouldn't be paying a guy millions a year if he'd leave us in the lurch.

Anyway, just let me dust off my usual phrase:

As an openly gay man myself…

I was disappointed when I heard about the whole affair regarding him and the rainbow laces thing as he’s a player I really enjoyed watching at this club and it isn’t nice to find out that someone you like possibly holds opinions about your sexuality that could be ‘unsavoury’

That said, as far as I know he’s kept these opinions to himself and if not for the laces thing, no one would be the wiser.

If we were talking about an outburst along the lines of Andre Gray or Ivan Rakatic then I’d be furious if we decided to sign them.

As for Gana, not so much. I’m still disappointed in him though.
Genuinely appreciate you sharing your perspective on this. Makes a lot of sense to me.
Thanks for the insight!

Yeah it's mad that more people are talking about Gana in a thread about him signing for us than are talking about some random other players with the same opinion isn't it? Just can't understand it myself.

I'd be interested to see what his opinion was if one of his teammates refused to wear the shirt because it had the no room for racism logo on it. Somehow I feel like them saying 'i'm allowed my opinion' wouldn't be tolerated as much.
Yeah it’s mad that a possible football player potentially signing for us has descended into a homophobia thread when all he did was refuse to wear a shirt designed for one match on a day that was completely dedicated to anti homophobia knowing full well that it is something he didn’t believe in and knowing that his family, friends and religious leaders would make his life unbearable. Mad hey?

The amount of holier than thou crap in here.

The same posters getting all uptight and righteous over a one day protest are the same ones jumping for joy and laughing when Man City prevent those RS to$$ers across park from winning stuff and want them to win everything because we can’t compete ourselves, of course throwing gays off roof tops and stoning them to death including 80+ in one weekend is ok but not wearing a shirt for a gay pride one day celebration… OUTRAGE….

I have gay friends, my Daughters best friend is gay and he’s bl@@dy brilliant and one of the funniest, happiest sharpest people I’ve ever met and I think the world of him and his mates.

Ask him about this and he says he couldn’t give a slightest [Poor language removed] dented sh!te about it (his words). Ask him about Man City owners and he could cry.

Some of you want to take a hard look at yourselves.

I’ve not wanted those human rights abusing gets to win one match since they were taken over.

Get some perspective.

On to a loser it seems on this thread. People seem to be overwhelmingly in support of him coming to the club.

But being gay isn't a political choice. Its not politics. So it's not comparable. People are born gay whether some people like it or not. It's normal. So I don't get these comparisons. It's out right bigotry towards a large section of society. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of poor souls in his own country that can't live the normal life they want to.

The fact that we're discussing it is a clear indication that his views are not private.

They're not private by virtue of someone leaking it at PSG mate, player himself never uttered a word.

I disagree that it's not a political thing mate, it shouldn't be but it is, just have to look at how contentious a subject it's been politically over the past 100+ years.

I don't know enough about Gueyes family - are any in public life or in governmentally appointed positions, or what he plans to do post playing - does he want to do a Klitshko Coe or Khan and get involved in politics, become a sporting ambassador etc,

All of that type of thing could affect his choice - maybe none maybe he's a raging homophobe or very religious, or whatever - thing is it's easy to judge without knowing (something that was long said about people's view on gay people - judging them)
In some countries - including Gueyes own it's banned by law - him wearing that kit would be seen there as him making a political statement as he's be clearly expressing something decided by their governments was illegal.

For all the "keep politics out of sports" shouts too, we're a football club that is literally on the ropes because of politics.

We've lost our main source of funding because of an illegal invasion of a country. We're playing a Match for Peace tomorrow night against Dynamo Kyiv after multiple shows of solidarity with the Ukrainian people during a time of POLITICAL unrest and violence.

Everything is inherently political, and that's why this matters.

He is also 33 in the near future and not exactly the type of player we need. Move on from 2016, and some of you, 1816.

I agree.

Hang on is this the Barkley or Gana thread?

not normally a fan of returns, they almost never work out.

but Gana was consistently our MotM while here, he may still have a couple of good seasons left in him.

considering how poor we've been since he's left, it's a yes from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.