Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t be letting MGW go to Forest, he’s worth us paying actual money for.
See I don't get this view. I get he would improve our quality as an attacking midfielder. But if he is as good as he seems to be getting talked about on here, he wouldn't be going forest.

So while I get wanting him here as an improvement, I think spending 25/30m on a player that a mid table team like wolves don't think is good enough, is a lot of money for that.

People don’t seem to realise how much the fullback situation killed us at times last season. Any combination of Coleman Kenny Digne wasn’t stopping any crosses coming in at all. They were dragged all over the place which in turn dragged the CBs out which Keane in particular can’t deal with. We couldn’t play Dele on the flank because we had to have two workhorses covering up and down all the time to cover our full backs.

As soon as Mykolenko joined and got up to speed he started to stop crosses coming in from his side. Teams stopped bothering as much and started going down the other side and we saw a better Coleman and better centrebacks as we weren’t all over the shop being pulled out of position. As soon as Mykolenko went off against Leicester we almost conceded from a Barnes header because Kenny didn’t stop the cross. We were all over the shop until the final whistle.

If two of Mykolenko Patterson Vinaigre can keep the FB positions locked down, it has a massive effect on the solidity of the entire defence.

I dont think Vinaigre is known for being a good defender mate.

See I don't get this view. I get he would improve our quality as an attacking midfielder. But if he is as good as he seems to be getting talked about on here, he wouldn't be going forest.

So while I get wanting him here as an improvement, I think spending 25/30m on a player that a mid table team like wolves don't think is good enough, is a lot of money for that.
The flaw in your thinking there is Wolves do believe he’s good enough, he just won’t sign a new deal. He’s been starting for them during pre-season and they want him to stay.

The flaw in your thinking there is Wolves do believe he’s good enough, he just won’t sign a new deal. He’s been starting for them during pre-season and they want him to stay.
He has 2 years left. I get why he wouldn't want to sign a 5 year deal etc at his age, it's a long commitment, but us or forest would want that length contract for that outlay, and currently, our prospects aren't as good as wolves. And he is looking like a starter for them.

Thinking more about it, I expect there's an agent at work leaking the links and he signs a new contract with a bigger signing fee/salary because he turned down the interest etc.

Wolves want to keep him to be fair, it's him/his reps who had pushed for a move, and he was open to us too.

I see your point, but it's not to do with how much Wolves want in total really, it's about how much we can pay them in a lump sum at this minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.