Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Simms can't expect to get on the bench ahead of Rondon, it's probably not going to happen for him here.

May as well let him make a name for himself at a lower level. Could end up fetching a reasonable fee down the line.

Good club for him

I’d hoped turning up in a few big games for Hearts might have signalled he was ready for a bit part here but obvs FL has seen him in training and thinks he’s still not anywhere near. I fear if it’s not now, it’s never for the kid.

Sad, but no room for sentiment. Hope he smashes it and earns himself a move somewhere good next year.

Surprised we'd get him on loan. I thought we'd save our loan quota for whatever Chelsea or someone have left over. I think you can have 2 in one window so that would only leave 1 more.

He couldn’t even cut it in Scotland.
Most of our team couldn’t either. Again don’t think he’d be a good signing to play every week but is probably very much the sort of situation with Delph where when he’s fit he’s probably much better than anyone else in the squad, he’d just more fit, on less wages and not as much of a knob as Delph.

It's ridiculous. We have Mykolenko and then Nkounkou (assuming he has come back from Belgium and doesn't get loaned out again - I don't know). It's daft to be looking for another left back. Who makes these ridiculous plans/decisions?
Nkounkou isn't good enough, he's got one year left on his deal and is up for sale.

Everton do not have another left-back. And we are going to see 343 a lot this year.

Mykolenko is learning the wing-back role. He's much more defensive than offensive and isn't a natural WB. Vinagre is a natural WB, he's played it everywhere he's been, and he can slot in as cover. He's costing nothing, he's on low wages and he's 23.

For once, we have two actual FBs for each side of the pitch. That's good.

Surprised we'd get him on loan. I thought we'd save our loan quota for whatever Chelsea or someone have left over. I think you can have 2 in one window so that would only leave 1 more.
We have 4 loan slots, but only 2 from the same league.

So we have 3 left to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.