Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
….he’s better than Rondon but if we’re bringing cover in then it would seem sensible. Important to include a sell-on clause.

Not sure we’d get that. Tbh with extra subs this year and Rondon our only backup he’s got to be at least worth a look pre season before deciding. Got a knack for a goal and worthy of consideration for a backup spot.

I don't think he's going to be good enough for premier league football. I don't really see what good another loan would do either.

I don't think he's going to be good enough for premier league football. I don't really see what good another loan would do either.
Maybe but the extra subs rule is an opportunity for him to prove that once and for all. He’s done well at every level he’s been at so why not have a look, a knack for goal can carry to any level. If he’s not PL level sell in Jan.

….in respect of the ex-player going to Turkey, I suspect it depends on what the teams of his bail are. If a deal has been done, there is no restriction on working abroad.
Is he on bail? I didn't think he'd been charged.

Edit: never knew you could be put on bail without charge until a quick google

Last edited:

Maybe but the extra subs rule is an opportunity for him to prove that once and for all. He’s done well at every level he’s been at so why not have a look, a knack for goal can carry to any level. If he’s not PL level sell in Jan.

You must be mad if you think we’re ever going to actually make 5 subs in a game other than to bring loads of defenders on when we’re winning by a single goal.

Not sure we’d get that. Tbh with extra subs this year and Rondon our only backup he’s got to be at least worth a look pre season before deciding. Got a knack for a goal and worthy of consideration for a backup spot.
This was my thinking.
Bring him back,.train with the first team and be on the bench, and see what is there. Anything there, loan out again in winter for 6 months then integrate.
If not up to it. Sell.
Simples. We don't know until we know. Give him a chance and see if what he has, can be beneficial to the team. Same for Dobbin as well. Could save us a ton of money. But without a proper look, we won't know, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.