Transfer Rumour Emmanuel Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of really nice finishes there TBH. His movement and desire for the headers is good, and the goal against Burnley (?) was a lovely finish. The fact Everton feature so heavily triggers me.

But I’ve come around a bit, I’d have him. We need more goal threat, it’s 20 mill but worth the risk.
It’s West Ham, apologies

Couple of really nice finishes there TBH. His movement and desire for the headers is good, and the goal against Burnley (?) was a lovely finish. The fact Everton feature so heavily triggers me.

But I’ve come around a bit, I’d have him. We need more goal threat, it’s 20 mill but worth the risk.

Some of the finishes showed he doesnt panic.

I know stats can be twisted etc, but he’s level with Richarlison and on some and better on others for last season. £20m to replace Richy’s goals and more assists isn’t a bad thing in all honesty.

However, most of his goal contributions come against us, so that may skew those numbers slightly.

Look back at his career his stats aren't poor not great either but I believe he will be coming into his best years got Champions league and Europa league experience, that Watford side was poor that bad they only finished a point above Norwich from what I've seen he has ability and for £20m wouldn't be a bad signing.

Hes literally had 2.5months where he did well.

Then 1st Jan onwards he didnt.

His career before those 2.5months he also didnt.

24 year old with poor technique has a good 2.5months.

Can I change my mind on going in for Dennis...reading the stories he is not what we need as a team that are trying to gel together with spirit. Some seriously worrying attitude at times!

I remember Moyes used to scrutinise a player to the max when recruiting and it paid off with excellent signings. Need to adopt that attitude again...although it is also a skill that Moyes perfected (most of the time..no one mention Koldrup!)
Agreed. Moyes really did his homework and of course picked up the occasional dud, but had far more hits than misses, and they certainly weren’t obvious targets. Came to trust he knew what he was doing shopping in the lower leagues

Agreed. Moyes really did his homework and of course picked up the occasional dud, but had far more hits than misses, and they certainly weren’t obvious targets. Came to trust he knew what he was doing shopping in the lower leagues
His dad was one of our scouts.
Perhaps that’s the chemistry we’re missing.

If we find ourselves in another relegation scrap next season will this lad stand up and fight?

That question must be asked of all our signings.
Idk I think it's also fair to ask can this signing keep us away from that area full stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.