Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you compared heat maps etc? You talk about all Richies defensive work etc, but that's considered one of Dennis' strengths as well and progressing the ball etc.

I love richie and i know all he does, but you can't argue that its not just about goals for him but then only use goals for Dennis.

This was all done when we signed Richarlison.

For Dennis, search the positions he played (mostly centre forward) and what he actually achieved outside of his 2.5 month scoring spree.

To me, he looked like a mix of Niasse and Wanchope...trying to be Asprilla without the technical ability.

This was all done when we signed Richarlison.

For Dennis, search the positions he played (mostly centre forward) and what he actually achieved outside of his 2.5 month scoring spree.

To me, he looked like a mix of Niasse and Wanchope...trying to be Asprilla without the technical ability.
Scored 5 in 15 as CF for Watford. Scored 5 in 20 as a winger for them. (So mostly not as a CF).

In a team that won 6 games all season and spent most of their time under the cosh.

Like I say, have you looked at his heat maps for the season?

Is anyone else concerned whether we've got staff with the credentials in the club to manage the transfer market in such a vital summer?

Kevin Thewell was academy manager at Derby, then Wolves wasn't he? He stuck around at Wolves for a while, and become their Director of Football. But was he ever really a Director of Football at Wolves? Didn't Jorges Mendes run the show there?

Frank Lampard - how did he do at derby and Chelsea?

At Derby, he had a bit of a shocker from what I've read;

And Chelsea, it sounds like he was very passive. He says he was never out of the loop on transfers, and mentions Ben Chilwell as the player he wanted;

Completely agree. Thewell and Lampard might do some amazing things for us, but to me there’s nothing either have done that show they have the credibility to navigate the elite of football management.

It’s not like Chelsea going after the ex-Liverpool director Michael Edwards - someone proven to transform the football operation to be ruthless and effective at all levels.

I’m not saying we could attract that level, but even Brands had a track record. It didn’t work for him here but we won’t ever know if it was him, or the board who caused the failures.

It wouldn’t take long for Peter Kenyon to see right through our set up if the sale completes.

I expect a complete overhaul to be honest - the review that we were told has been happening, but one that includes the board being reviewed too.

Scored 5 in 15 as CF for Watford. Scored 5 in 20 as a winger for them. (So mostly not as a CF).

In a team that won 6 games all season and spent most of their time under the cosh.

Like I say, have you looked at his heat maps for the season?
1654092818778.png

I imagine we will use the loan market and free market where possible. Winks looks to be coming in on loan, I think we will get Gallagher or Gilmour on loan too & Tarkowski was a free. I do think to bring in some quality though we will see 2-3 permanent signings also.
I'm trying to have realistic expectations. Until this FFP thing is gone, we are stuck.

Completely agree. Thewell and Lampard might do some amazing things for us, but to me there’s nothing either have done that show they have the credibility to navigate the elite of football management.

It’s not like Chelsea going after the ex-Liverpool director Michael Edwards - someone proven to transform the football operation to be ruthless and effective at all levels.

I’m not saying we could attract that level, but even Brands had a track record. It didn’t work for him here but we won’t ever know if it was him, or the board who caused the failures.

It wouldn’t take long for Peter Kenyon to see right through our set up if the sale completes.

I expect a complete overhaul to be honest - the review that we were told has been happening, but one that includes the board being reviewed too.
I think thats exactly what will happen and I'm not convinced either Lampard or Thelwell will last the season. It will all depend on what their plans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.